Solution for contact pixs being shown in HQ when dialed/called???Support

Last Updated:

1. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Iam sure this has been asked millions of times but how shitty does it look, my goodness. everytime i dial a friend & see their nice pretty picture but soon as it dials, the picture looks awful & blurry. My pictures are good quality pics that i saved to my sd card & then i just added them while creating contacts etc. is their a easy fix to this?

i also have a app that lets you display a full caller id photo when your being called but it does not look good right now lol

cheers.

Advertisement
  2. cultor

cultor Well-Known Member

the contacts sync with gmail and those are always low res pictures.

I fixed it by adding a phone contact (so no google one!!) putting the high res pic there and then link the phone contact with the google contact.
    Not perfect but it works until google chage that resolution on the gmail pictures

3. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

It's because the thumbnail generated for the contacts is very small and all the dialer does it enlarge the same image.

It really doesn't bother me, I'm not really looking at the image for more than a second when I receive a call, but if they changed it, fine.

4. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just never wondered why cus it looks awful with my new full photo dial Id. I hope it changes soon cus changing my contacts to Google will take ages right.