SOLVED: Android Market Website Says

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

Many users trying to download apps from the new Android Market Website are faced with a troubling error they can’t get past (we’ve got a solution). When they select an app to install they’re met with a message saying, “”There are no android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.” [...]

More...

Advertisement
    Frisco and DroidLady05 like this.
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Didn't work for me.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Bookmarked in case it does happen, but it hasn't.. yet.
  4. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

What is the big attraction to this new market? I just use the phone - and there's AppBrain.
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I agree with you, but it's another alternative. I love to see alternatives out there.. that's one of the things that attracted me to Android in general; look at all the Android stuff out there. :)
  6. satyamsit

satyamsit New Member

facing the same problem.. and the solution not working :|
  7. itisjustme

itisjustme Well-Known Member

Same here, I have the problem and this solution isn't working for me either.
  8. edubble79

edubble79 Active Member

this is a major flaw! almost as bad as the 1.5 os/1.6 app debacle. i believe it has something to do with the fact that my email was created as a college email address and the apps portion was built in now functionality is being restricted, considering deleting entire old gmail creating a new one.
  9. reinbeau

Be careful with that - all your app purchases are tied to that account.
    liquido22 and edubble79 like this.
  10. fischtoeter

fischtoeter New Member

Funny thing is, if you have a tablet PC with no 3G device. What to do then ?
    God, I HATE this open source stuff.

I simply hate it.
  11. reinbeau

You use wireless. Or buy a tablet with 3G.
  12. cisco20

cisco20 New Member

13. edubble79

edubble79 Active Member

ok so now google has added a new disclaimer to the error page. phones running versions before 1.6 not compatible with android market, no fix, just plain outta luck booooooo
  14. FRANT1C

FRANT1C New Member

Seen as this was the first site to pop up in google when you put
    ''There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.'' i tought id post this here..

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Ok im using Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC.. So may work for all SE phones.

And this method worked go to Settings/Accessibility/click ok to install the screen reader you will see ''Talkback'' instead of installing this just click the search tab top right hand corner..

Search your App....

Download and Install...

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

FRANT1C
  15. 1PaloAlto

1PaloAlto Member

[FONT=&quot]I kept getting this error and finally figured out I was missing the Google Apps pack. There may be better ways of installing it but I rebooted CM7 with "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip" copied onto the root directory. Here are very basic instructions on a Color Nook - this setup will leave the native Nook in place and will always load whatever system was last booted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Use Win32DiskImage to write "generic-sdcard.img" to microSD (this image works regardless of SD size). [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Remove and re-insert SD and copy "cm_encore_full-87.zip" and "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip" as is to SD.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Insert SD into Nook and reboot by holding power button down about 10 seconds - need to let go when "loading" shows - if "loading" quickly goes out and no penguin appears, hold the power button down again. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]While booting, you'll see penguin and command lines. Takes about 5 minutes -flushing caches takes a while but screen stays on while working. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Shuts down when finished. Note: SD must be re-written before it can be used if you need to re-boot again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You need to hit ON button when finished.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Setup Wizard was very buggy. I finally used default. Keep hitting Wait if Activity Wizard times out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]On Nook, wireless if off by default so I had to SKIP signing in to Google until setup was complete and I could turn wireless on.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The first time I went to Android.Market, it let me log in and I'm finally successfully download apps.
    [/FONT]
    haries likes this.