• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [SOLVED] Google Play Music Download Limit?

bramkaandorp

Nov 17, 2013
I have been trying to find a straight answer to this question for quite some time now, but I continue to come up with either old info, or contradictory info.

What are the download limits in the following cases:

Google Chrome without Play Music plugin
Google Chrome with Play Music plugin

Thanks.

I don't think there's any limits on the number of times you can download a particular song either, if a song is in your purchased list, it should always still be there available to download again AFAIK. If there was a specific limit on the number of downloads, would probably have found the answer, like their cloud upload limit of 50,000 songs. I don't use Google Music myself, because I'm in China, where music is free basically. :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just did a test on a song I got from Google through their Play collections (because I'm not going to try this on a song I actually like), and it turns out that I can download it as often as I want.

Whether this is because I have the Google Play Music extension installed, or just because I use Google Chrome, I don't know.

At any rate, in my case there is no limit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones