• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[solved]Question about the Evo update

Status
Not open for further replies.

meganpirate

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Well, I got a Samsung Moment about a month ago, and it gave me nothing but problems. After being in constant contact with my Sprint representative, we decided I should just send my Moment back and I would get the Evo instead. I had the new phone overnighted to me, so I had little time to read up on it.

From what I have read, though, there is new update that isn't supposed to brick the phone. When I first started up my Evo, it prompted me to update my software, so I did. Was this the update that everyone seems to be talking about, or is it this one Sprint - Software Downloads - Smartphones - HTC EVO 4G (or are they the same thing)?

Also, when I updated my Moment's software, it deleted everything off of my phone (contacts, pictures, apps, etc.). If I have to download the update from the link above, will this do the same?

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day!! :)

The update released this week is software version 1.47.651.1. If that is the version you now have then you have the most recent update. No it doesn't delete your information (just a few widgets which are easily replaced).

I am a fellow Moment survivor so I understand your concerns. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones