• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some questions about rooting

silentus

Lurker
Mar 19, 2013
Hi all,
I want to root my HTC desire A8181 (bravo) with Android 2.2.2 and bootloader 0.93, andc when checking the hboot it was also saying something like PVT1 S-ON, but I can't check it now (I'm writing from that phone :D) I'm very scared of bricking it because I have never done it before and the tutorials are pretty old and some descriptions are unclear or the links are down.
I'm not some complete newbie in these things because I'm interested in PCs (programming in few languages but I'm not some master in any of them because I'm learning by myself without any books, I've built my pc by myself and I upgrade it by myself)

I wanna ask if someone could give me a link with a tutorial for rooting that will work for my phone, its not branded I think, and its GSM. I know there's a lot of threads like this, but most of them are unclear (like, it says that its only under Android 2.2, so my 2.2.2 will work or not ?)

I want to root because of the shit internal memory and the fact that now the apps are downloaded to it and I can't download some apps bigger than about 20mb because I simply don't have that much internal storage (I have a 8 gb sdcard though) and also I want to have control about some shitty apps that I don't use and they start automatically and waste my ram, I heard I can permanently kill them if I root.
Thanks in advance guys :)

The guide to rooting using revolutionary should do the trick. There's a link in the Desire All Things Root Guide sticky post in this thread.

As always Hadron is quite correct. The guide he refers to will lead you through the S-Off & rooting process.

However, that in itself will not gain you more space for apps. I recommend you also read the "Root Memory FAQ" which can also be accessed through the All things Root Guide sticky. There you will find all the information you will need to increase the available memory.

Everything you need to know about rooting your phone etc is here in the guide section. I knew nothing about the subject when I first came here but have successfully rooted, made my phone S-Off, installed custom ROMs & increased memory available (both by partitioning my sd card & changing my internal partitions) just by following the tutorials in this forum.

If you have any questions just ask.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Ok, first 2 steps and i already dont understand shit, probably because its written weirdly or i just dont understand english so good (not my native language)

Oh wait, the step No.1 is just telling what to do, then it shows how in point A, right ?
Then, i dont understand:
Download HTC Sync and uninstall (this leaves the drivers behind but not the program which can interfere with things, you can reinstall it after your rooted)

'Download HTC Sync and uninstall' uninstall what ? I have to install HTC Sync and uninstall it ? -.-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones