• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

something doing stuff on its own?

ch1k3n123

May 12, 2012
Hello!

So I don't really know what's going on but I kinda have a little problem. Here's the story.

So I kinda got bored of the old HTC look so I decided to try out a windows 7 launcher. I got Launcher 7 and loved it right out of the box. (Free version) I also got WP7 lock screen pro to go along with it to round out the windows 7 feel. I absolutely adored this setup, save does the frequent resetting of the WP7 lock screen that I had to do so that the stock lock screen wouldn't show up after unlocking the windows lock screen. But that's another story.

So anyways I noticed every once in a while a random window would be open after unlocking the phone. I never really cared but thought it was odd since I always hit the home button before I unlock the screen. Recently however, some crazy things have happened.

One time I unlocked my phone to find that Facebook messenger was open onto a contact's screen ready to send a new message. Another time I unlocked the screen to find that Skype Wifi was downloaded from Dolphin Browser's app drawer!. Just now, the final straw, I found that my yahoo! Mail was open ready to send a recommendation for a Zedge wallpaper or something to someone, waiting for me to pput an address to send it to!

What's going on? Do you think I'm doing this myself? I don't have a password protection so it's possible I somehow could be unlocking the screen while it's in my pocket then doing a bunch of random stuff. I don't press the power button while it's in my pocket so the screen would have to come on when a notification comes in and wake the screen up!

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what's going on I can stop feeling like I'm getting insane?

Thanks!

Oh and sorry for any typos, I'm on my phone with a less than stellar keyboard and this site isn't really mobile friendly, which is weird considering that's what it's completely about but whatever haha!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones