• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something's wrong with my Nexus 7?

Jsells97

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
Hello, I recently got the Nexus 7 for Christmas and it is just amazing! I love it so much, but there is something wrong with it. I have no idea why it's doing this or how to stop it. Well, if I'm on it for a little more than 5 minutes It starts randomly selecting things on it's own. It's also always in the same place. I have only uploaded music on it so far, as well as a few free apps (Angry Birds, Temple Run, and Cut the Rope are the only ones). Well, when ever I click the home button, it always clicks on the top row, usually in the very center. So, I can not have any apps or widgets on my top row at all! If an app or screen has a button on the very top, it will automatically click it. Once it's clicked, I can't really go back, because it clicks it again repeatedly super fast! This is very annoying, because I can not search on Chrome, I can hardly purchase things on Google Play, etc. Also, when it's help at landscape it clicks Q and W on the keyboard. It probably hits it about 2-3 times a second, then it'll stop for possibly 3 seconds and start back up again. This is very annoying and I don't know how to make it stop. It will do it when I'm holding it, not holding it, touching it, not touching it, it just does it all the time. Is there a way I can fix this myself? I'd hate to sound cheap, but I don't have the money right now to do anything too expensive. If I need to return it to the store, I can do that, but I would really like to not cause a big commotion over it and just repair it myself. Thanks!

You should have warranty on it no matter what, that covers factory defects. They often try to sell you some sort of extended warranty that covers lightning strikes or something, but no liquid damage :p
In any case, you have every right to demand a new device. Even if you didn't get an extra warranty, that's no reason you should settle for buying a broken product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones