• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sony Ericsson ships 9 million Xperia handsets in 2010

CuBz

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2010
UK
www.amafialife.com
Sony Ericsson released full-year results for 2010 and within all the financial blurb, the company revealed that it had sold 9 million Android Xperia handsets during the year. Considering that the Xperia X10 only launched in early April with the X10 mini, X10 mini pro and X8 following thereafter it seems like a pretty good result for SE.

The real question now is how well will the company do from here. Many customers would have been extremely frustrated being stuck on Android 1.6 for so long and it will be interesting to see how many decide to pick a SE Android handset again. Our personal view is that these numbers will only get higher, as the company does seem to have learned lessons from its 2010 line-up. One thing’s for sure though, its customers won’t tolerate any further mess ups.

-XperiaX10.net

I am thinking positive towards the Arc, I actually believe that they will do much better, I surely hope so anyway. Looks promising. Above all the problems with SE, I think the X10 is a fantastic phone.

Well..where the company is screwing up(i.e. not giving 2.2 +) the community is stepping up!

While that may be true....I still think the majority WILL purchase the arc...including myself. I, like CubZ strongly believe they will smarten up this time and redeem themselves....it will get noticed from all the blogging sites, android forums, xda, etc etc and next thing you know SE will be headed to the top. I know this sounds ******ed (to some) but I really think its gonna happen...only time will tell ;)

Upvote 0
While that may be true....I still think the majority WILL purchase the arc...including myself. I, like CubZ strongly believe they will smarten up this time and redeem themselves....it will get noticed from all the blogging sites, android forums, xda, etc etc and next thing you know SE will be headed to the top. I know this sounds ******ed (to some) but I really think its gonna happen...only time will tell ;)

Exactly. I can't see them f*cking up again, they gotta have thought it through this time. On the other hand, i heard they f*cked up the satio, which was before the X10, but X10 was their first Android phone, so I look forward to seeing if they do well or not. Although, i will be waiting at least 6 months after the Arc is released just to make sure SE are on track before I purchase

It's CuBz btw not CubZ lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones