• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sony Xperia Z3 Stock Email App Deleting Material

agm2992mga

Sep 11, 2013
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this very annoying problem, which I encountered today.

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 android smartphone and use it a lot for emailing. I use the stock email app that comes with the phone by default.

Today, all of a sudden, after composing an email and saving it as a draft for later, the app shut itself down and gave me a rotating circle over my home-screen 'desktop' icons area and announced that it was synchronising. I had not prompted this command at all.
I had over a dozen draft emails with material of varying importance work-related etc. When I returned to the app, it was bare and every email from all folders needed to be reloaded. However, all of the above mentioned drafts were gone and there seems no way of recovering them.

Does anyone have any idea what happened here and why? How can I get back the information from my drafts folder?

Is there some kind of "restore to a certain point" feature like the function on Windows PCs which I could use as a last resort ditch effort?
I'm very annoyed at this random loss of all the folder's data and hope someone more knowledgeable and clued up than I can shed some light on this matter to help.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones