• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Soon, you will be able to bring Sprint phones on Virgin Mobile

The while point of this thread is that they are changing this policy...

True, the operative word being "are changing". Until that happens, swapping ESNs by any method is still illegal and therefore discussion of doing so will probably result in a thread closure. Nobody wants that. :)

Upvote 0
The while point of this thread is that they are changing this policy...

Actually, I think most have come to realize that the article was only saying that Sprint was allowing MVNOs to use older Sprint phones, not that the MVNOs have to allow it. It would seem, from the lack of any response by Virgin Mobile up to now, that they have no intention of changing their policy.

Upvote 0
I can believe that, Usually the call centers are the last to know!!!

I called vm cs three weeks back and they're clueless about anything. The noobs on our site know at least twice as much as them so I told em to connect me to a sprint cs rep n while I had a pleasant english conversation she was dumbfounded on the bysod program and I taught her what an mvno is/does so I'm just going to resign to the fact that no one knows anything n keep checkin vm website for a sign. If it turns out its a no go ill just flash a phone to virgin or be lazy and obsessive n check the website for gs3 to come out. Idk maybe Ting would be better....

Upvote 0
I called vm cs three weeks back and they're clueless about anything. The noobs on our site know at least twice as much as them so I told em to connect me to a sprint cs rep n while I had a pleasant english conversation she was dumbfounded on the bysod program and I taught her what an mvno is/does so I'm just going to resign to the fact that no one knows anything n keep checkin vm website for a sign. If it turns out its a no go ill just flash a phone to virgin or be lazy and obsessive n check the website for gs3 to come out. Idk maybe Ting would be better....

I wouldn't hold my breath for a byod program. I would get a GSM device for T-Mobile or just wait for the s3 to come out this month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones