• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sound not syncing after conversion...

anyone know of a media player for wmv video files? i downloaded a video file (wmv) and converted it to mp4. The file played in the video player (froyo 2.2), the only problem was the sound was delayed by 2 to 4 seconds behind the video.

any suggestions are answers to my problem is welcome.

thx in advance

Whoa!!

Thats hectic... hmm let me see now.

Give me a couple of seconds (don't have the knowledge on hand hahahaaa!! :)) lol

Hmm well for starters, you can add a bittorrent client to the android os it seems...

Get it here:

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.org-ale-abtc-qmzp.aspx

Hmm, i some questions to ask first though...

1) Are you tring to download from ur pc first?

2) Are you converting on ur device or pc?

3)..... cudn't think of a 3rd reason! hahhaaa lol

Upvote 0
if i downloaded a video from a torrent site and the sound was ahead of the actual lips of the people in the movie.

could i correct this?

does it happen when you play the video on the computer or just the phone?

and what fps and bitrate should a video file be?

FPS depends on the source. 29.97 for broadcast, 23.976 for film. Bitrate depends on teh codec, but if you are using h264, it should be between 1000-3500kbps.

Upvote 0
ok...here it is....

1. i download from torrent site.....

2. it's in mp4 format

3. i view the film on my pc before i convert to .3gp format

4. i observed the lips behind the sound/words or sound/words before the lips

5. i thought if i convert, this would be corrected, but i was wrong; the problem continues continues even after conversions.

6. i am using 'Flv Crunch' software to convert...i doubt it's the problem, because i have used this software before to convert previous films and they played find on my DINC.

7. i am suspecting that the original torrent film cannot be corrected

what do you all think?

thx in advance....sorry for the delay response

Upvote 0
Hey buddy,

hmm, it cud be the actual mpeg 4 itself. So try download the same file but from a different torrent perhaps maybe?

I think mpeg 4 is a propreitary component of (Cr)Apple's Quick Time player. I don't like Apple... no offence to any1 here, just they don't open ANYTHING, so no java virtual machine just NOTHING! SO you HAVE TO HAVE a Mac or no iOS SDK for you! anywayz...

(Maybe) solutions:

1) It cud be the compression ratio... or maybe the phone simply cannot handle it? But i doubt this... it shud easliy be able to play without any problems.

2) Other solution is to then Play the exact same file on ur PC with Crap Time (Quick time) and see if there is still a dubbing problem witht the sound on ur PC.

3) My last optoin is to try a different conversion application like this one from Leawo:

Free 3GP Converter- Download 3GP Converter to convert video to 3GP/3G2 for video on Cell Phone playback.

Let me know how it goes dude.

Regards

Stinky

Reactions: sailfone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones