• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound suddenly goes off!!

edd080

Lurker
May 29, 2013
Hi to all I tried searching for a similar problem I am experiencing but I couldnt find any..

I am experiencing a total sound cut off on my S3 after disabling an alarm sound or a notification sound whilst it is ringing.
If for example an alarm is ringing, i go into my mobile to disable it, it disables itself and in consequence of this all the sounds are muted, I check the sounds from the settings and I find that they are all muted, and iam unable to slide them up !! No matter what I try! I put it in vibrate mode, silent mode and back to normal ringing mode; however the sound does not come back on and the whole phone is muted!

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

The only way to get it back to normal is to restart the phone.

Iam attaching a screenshot of how the volume is displayed after the sound is cut off completely...

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• S3.jpg
    S3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 90
Also, if the phone hasnt had a factory reset since it got jellybean, the chances are that it needs one. The bug youre having seems like the kinda thing a lot of people were getting after the 4.1 update :thumbup:

Really this is quite interesting never heard about this issue before, will make a backup if i continue to have issues and do a factory reset.
Thanks for the help to both of you! :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones