Spare battery

Last Updated:

1. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alrighty - just wondering, is it possible to get an official* spare battery for the desire? I had one ordered from play.com, but recently got an email saying:

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are writing in regards to your order for HTC Desire BA S410 Battery (1400 mAh)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have been advised that this item has been removed from sale and is no longer available, therefore it is with regret that we are unable to fulfil your order. Your outstanding order for this item has been cancelled, please note that your card has not been charged."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So - is it possible to get a spare battery? And do people recommend any particular spare battery charger device?

*I've found loads of non-official ones, but I'm fussy (scared about my precious child) like that.
    [/FONT]

Advertisement
  2. ukjets

ukjets Well-Known Member

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I wantred to get one from play ages ago but have been sold out forever. Pin the end I had to get.from ebay. Look for official ones. It was more expensive than play though

4. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

Depending on what your price range is, you should look at this

Portable Micro USB Charger - 1500mAh

It looks like, and Mobilefun emailed me back saying it fits straight into the desire.

5. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

If you're not keen on dismantling the rather fragile-looking back cover of the Desire all the time, consider a Proporta TurboCharger instead.

USB TurboCharger 3400

6. Flagship

Flagship Active Member

@Kendoji do you know if it chargers at a usb or AC pace?

7. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

8. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

@ Flagship - that's a good question, I'm not sure. I've ordered mine, but haven't received it yet. I'd imagine it charges at USB pace rather than AC, though.