Spare BatteryTips

1. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a tip on where to buy a legitimate spare battery (not a Chinese knockoff)? I found one on the AT&T website for $40 but was wondering if there were cheaper options.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I always go to amazon. Check out anker brand

I've had great experiences with them, and they're usually slightly larger than the stock battery (but still fit!)

Make sure to read reviews on any of the Samsung OEM ones. There's a lot of fakes out there for OEM supplies
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Good grief, you are being fleeced.

I bought two OEM batteries and a charger on eBay for
  5. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member

6. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

If you register your phone on Samsungs site, they'll send you a 50% off coupon that you can use on an external charger and OEM battery. You can get it shipped for $34. Ask me how I know. :)
  7. Talal5897

Talal5897 Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll play along. How do you know? :p
  8. lotus49

No, it was this one [​IMG]2X 2600mAh B600BC Battery USB Charger for Samsung Galaxy SIV S4 s 4 I9500 | eBay.

The batteries appear to be indistinguishable either in appearance or performance from the standard ones. For all I know, in a couple of weeks these batteries may eat all my food, drink my wine and run off with my wife, but they have proved to be a bargain so far. Caveat emptor as always.
  9. lotus49

US only though.
  10. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Member

Does the ZeroLemon still work with nfc?
  11. Ryno79

Ryno79 Active Member

12. itsallgood

I will have to try mine out and see if it works.
  13. lotus49

Exactly like the ones I linked to above. They look almost identical to the original battery. In fact the eBay ones look slightly more genuine as they have water damage indicators, unlike the original.

Unfortunately they do not appear to have NFC antennas. Otherwise they seem to work fine.
  14. Maltytasker

Maltytasker New Member

Go to eBay and type in Ezopower battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 and you'll come up with a number of options for this battery model. Make sure the battery label says "with NFC." I ordered two of these and the NFC works perfectly with my S4. My batteries have a very slight bulge in the middle, but it is hardly noticeable and does not interfere with the back cover in any way.
  15. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

ZeroLemon 3000mAh does not, but their Extended battery has NFC.
  16. itsallgood

Nice for the price, but does the NFC work?

I tried mine out and the NFC works fine. I was able to transfer files, pictures and apps to my wifes S4 by tapping the back of our phones together.