spare parts - fancy input animations?

1. hurley79

hurley79 New Member

I got this phone on Monday and so far I love it. I was reading about the spare parts app and figured I'd try it out. I was looking around the spare parts application menu and set both window animations and window transitions to 'fast'. Disabled that silly looking fancy rotation animation. But, one thing I cannot for the life of me figure out is, what does the fancy input animations do? It says 'Uses fancier/normal animations for input method windows'. But what the heck does that mean? I've tried enabling/disabling flipping, switch, turning, twisting, tapping, touching, typing everything I could think that it would change, but I cannot see any difference in anything with it enabled or disabled. I've Googled every possible variation of word combinations I could think of to figure it out. So alas, here I am, asking people who know a lot more about the phone than I.

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

I tried it too... with the same results... nothing happened...
  3. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

+1

Is there a spare parts walkthrough somewhere?
  4. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

It is mostly noticable when you turn the phone sideways, instead of just changing it kind of dances first......
  5. joseamirandavelez

That's the "Fancy Rotation Animation" one. We are talking about the "Fancy Input Animation"...
  6. mattcoz

mattcoz Well-Known Member

It might only apply to the stock keyboard. That's just a guess.
  7. joseamirandavelez

Maybe...
  8. Pyr0

Pyr0 Member

maybe not support for 1.5..
  9. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Screen animations need to be enabled on the device first before Spare Parts can adjust the settings.

Menu > Settings > Sounds & Display > Under Display Settings Check 'Animations' Box.

It is disabled by default.

Good to go.
  10. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Sorry, just realized you all were looking at the input animations, disregard my irrelevant post :D