• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

spare parts - fancy input animations?

hurley79

Lurker
Feb 13, 2010
I got this phone on Monday and so far I love it. I was reading about the spare parts app and figured I'd try it out. I was looking around the spare parts application menu and set both window animations and window transitions to 'fast'. Disabled that silly looking fancy rotation animation. But, one thing I cannot for the life of me figure out is, what does the fancy input animations do? It says 'Uses fancier/normal animations for input method windows'. But what the heck does that mean? I've tried enabling/disabling flipping, switch, turning, twisting, tapping, touching, typing everything I could think that it would change, but I cannot see any difference in anything with it enabled or disabled. I've Googled every possible variation of word combinations I could think of to figure it out. So alas, here I am, asking people who know a lot more about the phone than I.

Thank you!

I got this phone on Monday and so far I love it. I was reading about the spare parts app and figured I'd try it out. I was looking around the spare parts application menu and set both window animations and window transitions to 'fast'. Disabled that silly looking fancy rotation animation. But, one thing I cannot for the life of me figure out is, what does the fancy input animations do? It says 'Uses fancier/normal animations for input method windows'. But what the heck does that mean? I've tried enabling/disabling flipping, switch, turning, twisting, tapping, touching, typing everything I could think that it would change, but I cannot see any difference in anything with it enabled or disabled. I've Googled every possible variation of word combinations I could think of to figure it out. So alas, here I am, asking people who know a lot more about the phone than I.

Thank you!

Screen animations need to be enabled on the device first before Spare Parts can adjust the settings.

Menu > Settings > Sounds & Display > Under Display Settings Check 'Animations' Box.

It is disabled by default.

Good to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones