Speakerphone auto on problemSupport

1. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member

Every time I receive a call my Speakerphone turns on by itself. Same when I make a call, it says that Speakerphone is on but it is not and work normally through the ear speaker.
    Did clear data on Google dialer and same thing but at least the Speakerphone icon shows me that it is on when before it didn't.

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you root or mod the device in any way .
  3. nitramus

The only thing I did is root and disabled a few apps and the only personalizing app maybe is Elixir.
  4. BRAINZ2013

Please tell me YOU HAVE A BACKUP made
  5. nitramus

Yes and no. It depends what backup you are talking about. I have tibackup but is not up to date. I did not do a backup of the device when rooting but that is no problem. Somehow I managed to boot loop my n5 on my first root attempt but recovered by flasing the stock full rom (with radio and all.....) using adb and then successfully rooted on my second try.
    Are you suggesting the same or a factory reset?
  6. BRAINZ2013

U need to place all the apps back on the system and see if that repair the problem
  7. nitramus

???
  8. nitramus

You mean re enable the apps
  9. BRAINZ2013

Yes cause one of the apps is missing that app is the fixture to your problem . If you looking to root and run the stock rom you can look for a stock debloated this will have all the apps that you want to remove . Just look for a. STOCK DEBLOATED rom
  10. nitramus

cloud print
    email
    exchange services
    google hindi input
    google korean keyboard
    google pinyn
    google play books
    google play magazines
    google play music
    hp print services plugin
    news & weaher
    talkback

Those are the apps that I disabled. I enabled them, rebooted and tried again. same thing. Updated, rebooted, tried again and did not work.
    I guess if no one else has any idea I will do a full back up and factory reset. If that does not work then I will try again the full restore/unbrick....
  11. BRAINZ2013

I think your problem is some of these apps you uninstalled may have lib files that needs to be removed. But i know that some devices rely on talkback for somethings and i know that has a lib and also in other locations.
  12. nitramus

I didn't uninstall them but disabled them and that removes the updates. When you re-enable them you can update like any other app in play store and I did that.
    I guess I will have no choice to at least factory reset. Will probably wait until this weekend. At least I update my TiB.
  13. nitramus

When I plug in something like a wired headset the Speakerphone doesn't auto on. But it does the same thing again when I unplug it.
  14. BRAINZ2013

Do the headphones have a mic to communicat if so the head phones listen and you speak through the mic . So the speaker phone wont come on . But u can select that from pressing the speaker
  15. nitramus

Actually no cause it was plugged into my car stereo with a regular 3.5 audio jack.

Anyway I ended up doing a factory reset and it all works fine now. I will personalize my N5 again and monitor it.If it comes back I will let you know what I did to get that problem.
  16. BRAINZ2013

Yes glad to see your up and working again
  17. nitramus

I found what is causing the problem.
    It is the app Elixir 2. It must have a but somewhere because of Kitkat.
    I absolutely love this app because of its versatility so I already contacted the developer.
    Hope he gets back to me soon.