• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Specific contacts call forwarding?

hake0305

Oct 13, 2009
I am wondering if there is a way to forward calls from certain contacts or groups to a different number?

Basically I have a group of contacts that I don't want to receive calls from during the day, so I want to foward those contacts to another number where they can leave a message. I don't want my Hero to ring or be alearting me that they called or that I missed their call.

Is there a setting or an app that can do this?

Thanks for any help!

If you go to the contact and go menu> edit and look under "Other" at the bottom you will see where you can select to have that contact's calls send to Voice Mail.

Is that what you want?

I do know where that is but no, that is not specifically what I am looking for. Basically I'd like to route a certain group of contacts to my other phone during the day. Then be able to remove that setting after work. I guess almost like Google voice, but the reverse... I don't want to have to change my number with everyone just to do this. In Google voice you can have a certain group receive a specific voicemail message. And you can route certain groups to ring your phone or go straight to voicemail. So basically I'm want to do that with my own number on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones