• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

speech to text not working

FUCCO

Jan 20, 2010
My text to speech and speech to text does not work in any application. When i tap the microphone icon i get a message "your phone does not have speech recognition ENGINE and recgoinzer not found". I cant not find any apps to redownload this. Any ways to fix it? I am running new sholes 1.0 rom

FIXED... reinstalled the rom and now it came back. go figure

Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Click the menu button, then select Filter > All.

Do you have TTS Service, Voice Dialer, Voice Search listed? If they're not, that may be a problem.. I believe you can find them on Market if they're not on your phone. If they are installed, you might have to reload the ROM or something. Personally I have not run into any issues with the speech to text not working on any rom I have installed.

Upvote 0
My text to speech and speech to text does not work in any application. When i tap the microphone icon i get a message "your phone does not have speech recognition ENGINE and recgoinzer not found". I cant not find any apps to redownload this. Any ways to fix it? I am running new sholes 1.0 rom

FIXED... reinstalled the rom and now it came back. go figure

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones