• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speed dial icon for launcher

Not that you need my help or not that you couldn't figure this out yourself, but i did what you were looking for. then i made a folder and put all my 'speed dials' into that folder. it works out real nice. I click on the folder and there are all my speed dials (Plus i have my "people" icon in there so when I need aother number that not a speed dial i still only need to click on that one folder)

Upvote 0
Thats what i use. It's under "Choose Shortcut" (after long pressing on blank home screen). There are a few choices. all work but i pick "Direct Dial". that way when i choose it, dialing happens right away. if you pick "contact" you have to choose which number from that contact to dial. Took me a while to figure out because I never thought to look in the "shortcut" section.

EDIT: too late, ganj beat me, thanks

Reactions: TheyCallMeBT
Upvote 0
Don't thank me. I'm an idiot. I should of explained it in my first reply. sorry about that. Nothing worse than waiting through replies until the question is answered.

To be honest I forgot really. I knew how to do it and I remembered it was tricky until I found the "shortcut" thing. But still no excuse.

Sorry again.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones