• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WhatsApp not inducing messages

sargan

Apr 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Whatsapp is installed and working.
On Whatsapp on other devices when you get an incoming chat .... you get a number of the bottom right hand corner of the icon.
Great if you missed the notification sound, away from your phone etc.

Currently if I get an incoming WhatsApp chat message it does not get a number or increase the number to match messages.

How can I get this back working - tried de-install and reinstall - no change.

Contacted WhatsApp they asked me to check that notifications & badges were enabled - which they were., at that point they said its a phone issue.

To enable message count badges on WhatsApp for a Samsung Galaxy S21:

1. Open your phone's "Settings."
2. Go to "Apps."
3. Find and select "WhatsApp."
4. Go to "App notifications."
5. Ensure that "App icon badges" or "Notification dots" are enabled.

If this doesn't work, it may be a phone-specific issue, and you might want to contact Samsung or check for software updates.
Otherwise download latest gb whatsapp version.

Last edited:
Reactions: James_Watson
Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy S21
Whatsapp is installed and working.
On Whatsapp on other devices when you get an incoming chat .... you get a number of the bottom right hand corner of the icon.
Great if you missed the notification sound, away from your phone etc.

Currently if I get an incoming WhatsApp chat message it does not get a number or increase the number to match messages.

How can I get this back working - tried de-install and reinstall - no change.

Contacted WhatsApp they asked me to check that notifications & badges were enabled - which they were., at that point they said its a phone issue.

Upvote 0
To enable message count badges on WhatsApp for a Samsung Galaxy S21:

1. Open your phone's "Settings."
2. Go to "Apps."
3. Find and select "WhatsApp."
4. Go to "App notifications."
5. Ensure that "App icon badges" or "Notification dots" are enabled.

If this doesn't work, it may be a phone-specific issue, and you might want to contact Samsung or check for software updates.
Otherwise download latest gb whatsapp version.
If these steps do not work, it is possible that there may be a phone-specific issue. In such cases, you can try contacting Samsung support or checking for software updates to ensure that your device is running the latest version.

Additionally, it is worth mentioning that using modified versions of WhatsApp, such as GB WhatsApp, may have different settings and features. If you have downloaded a modified version, you may need to explore its specific settings to enable message count badges.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones