• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spend hard earned money on s3 ?

jasleen007

Lurker
Oct 25, 2012
Hi guys i am college student and had been saving some money from past so many months to buy a good android phone ..currently i am having a samsung s5620 and eyeing upon GALAXY S3 as my next phone ...For me spending more then 500$ altogether for a phone was so much so had been saving from past so many month..last night i was going through drop tests on s3 on youtube..and every drop test shows that the screen of s3 is very fragile and breaks easily..its even weaker then the weakest of all-apple 4s..
now m getting very confused that should i spend a fortune on a phone that breaks too easily..i had dropped my old samsung monte phones 100 of times and dont even had a scratch on it...
now m in dilemma wether to buy it or not. cz i drop my phone too many times..and good cased like otterbox and ballistic are not available in my country easily..so i would have to go for local based case..
what should i do ..should i buy it or look for some other phone???? reply pllzzz:(:(:(:(

Welcome to the forums jasleen007 :)

Glad to have you here and maybe i can offer some insight to your issues!

Most android devices are pretty fragile, the newer ones atleast just because the large screen, bigger the screen, easier to break it.

If you are someone who drops your device a lot i would suggest not to get a phone worth that much, without insurance...

Just because if you drop you are liable and will have to buy a new device.

Some phones that i have heard that are durable are Motorola devices, like the Razr, maybe you should check that out.

I hope this helps, and thanks for joining :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones