• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spotify in Airplane Mode

humphreym

Lurker
Jun 21, 2010
Hi,

Just switched from iPhone to new HTC Desire, which I love! Only one problem though! When I put my phone into airplane mode, but with wifi on, Spotify goes offline. When I take phone out of airplane mode Spotify still doesn't come back on. I want to be able to use Spotify at night, but with phone in this mode. I used to be able to do this in iPhone, am I doing something wrong? Would it have something to do with SD card? Apologies if this is a stupid question! Thanks,

Humphrey

Yes that's correct, if you could use wifi in airplane mode it would be defeating the object. For you to be able to use Spotify in airplane mode you have to select your album or playlist to play in offline mode before you disconnect from your data connection, that makes spotify download the album so that you can play it without a connection. I subscribe to spotify myself and have used it on a plane. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies! I can use the phone in wifi mode, just like I could on my iPhone. Spotify would keep running on that but not on the Desire. It's the only app on the Desire that doesn't work when I do this. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the update, but here in Ireland o2 will probably give us that next year! Still loving the phone though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones