Spotify in Airplane Mode

Last Updated:

1. humphreym

humphreym New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just switched from iPhone to new HTC Desire, which I love! Only one problem though! When I put my phone into airplane mode, but with wifi on, Spotify goes offline. When I take phone out of airplane mode Spotify still doesn't come back on. I want to be able to use Spotify at night, but with phone in this mode. I used to be able to do this in iPhone, am I doing something wrong? Would it have something to do with SD card? Apologies if this is a stupid question! Thanks,

Humphrey

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You shouldnt be able to use wifi in airplane mode. The fact people can is a bug.

The app is adhering to the standard for airplane mode correctly.

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Yes that's correct, if you could use wifi in airplane mode it would be defeating the object. For you to be able to use Spotify in airplane mode you have to select your album or playlist to play in offline mode before you disconnect from your data connection, that makes spotify download the album so that you can play it without a connection. I subscribe to spotify myself and have used it on a plane. :)

4. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

5. Rew

Rew Well-Known Member

My Wi-Fi works in Airplane mode, just tried it.

6. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

i can use wifi in airplane mode.

i'm currently in hong kong for business and i have my new HTC Desire with me. the first week i used the phone with all data connections ON and this week i'm using it in airplane mode to check the difference in data use.

7. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

As nx1977 said - it is a bug that you can use wi-fi by turning it back on in airplane mode.... Guessing froyo will fix this but it should not be possible

8. humphreym

humphreym New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies! I can use the phone in wifi mode, just like I could on my iPhone. Spotify would keep running on that but not on the Desire. It's the only app on the Desire that doesn't work when I do this. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the update, but here in Ireland o2 will probably give us that next year! Still loving the phone though!