• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Customer service is so bad!!

I just went through the same thing as they double billed me for 2 Evo's.

My bill was $730, call 2 weeks ago got 1 answer saying it will come off etc etc, called last week noone knew nothing etc etc.

Called yesterday again and said look your NOT getting $730 because you double billed me for 2 Evo's. Finally got somneone and within 1/2 hour a $345 credit was posted to my account.

Its all about getting the right person to talk to. And why would you get an iphone just because of there, Sprint's customer support? You think AT&T is better? Your in for a rude awakening. Your going to hate the phone the service and the customer support.

Upvote 0
Thanks to the people with legitimate contributions. As to the people saying have fun paying $150/month.. im actually paying less than my sprint bill is so there's that. I like the Evo but hate sprint. At&t has treated me better than sprint ever did, including when they were trying to 'sell' me.
Don't let it get to you. They are just jealous of your Iphone 4. LOL. Don't know where the hell the $150 comes from. Though I am using the EVO now, there is no doubt the Iphone 4 is the superior smartphone (except the reception issue currently). If the EVO and Iphone were available from the same company the EVO would be a doorstop. I've been with ATT and like there service. Only thing is Sprint offers me a discount for work as oppose to ATT.

Upvote 0
Don't let it get to you. They are just jealous of your Iphone 4. LOL. Don't know where the hell the $150 comes from. Though I am using the EVO now, there is no doubt the Iphone 4 is the superior smartphone (except the reception issue currently). If the EVO and Iphone were available from the same company the EVO would be a doorstop. I've been with ATT and like there service. Only thing is Sprint offers me a discount for work as oppose to ATT.

Haha, haters gonna hate man.

Reactions: stainlessray
Upvote 0
Some of you must have bad luck or something, I've been into probably a dozen different sprint stores and every single one has been a great experience.

I think people go into the stores or call on the phone thinking "this is the company." In reality, the people there are $10 an hour usually younger employees, usually working while in school or just a go between job, and represent the companies views about as much as a dry turd. The best way to deal with employees like this is to be on their level. Coming in pissed and upset, screaming about what's going on, acting like an idiot is a quick way to have a young person want to fark up your day.

If you go into those stores wanting to carry on conversation and treat them like a person instead of an employee who will serve your every need, you'd be surprised what kind of great customer service experience you'll probably have. I've had the sprint employees bend over backwards and run things through their systems 5 different ways to get the results I want and the best prices multiple times in different locations. As a former Dell kiosk rep that was screamed at for how bad dell is over and over again, I can tell you it made me want to say screw you buddy every time someone came screaming about their problems.

Upvote 0
Sprint customer service reps are pretty dumb. They no absolutely nothing about there products. Even if I go to advanced technical support they are just as dumb. Honestly, you guys on this forum are awesome. I always check with Phandroid.com before I make any phone calls to Sprint. Even tho there dumb as shit. I wont leave them. I been with them for 7 years now. The plans just make sense. And you can make a rep do what you want pretty much all the time.

Upvote 0
I too am a former iPhone/Att user who converted when the Hero came out.

While I appreciate the iPhone for it's innovation and "just works" factor (really should say "just works as long as you do what we say" but that is another discussion) I really could no longer justify ATT's outrageously high prices. Not to mention their complete lack of 3g coverage.

As far as Customer service goes I think Att wins but only barly and this is mainly due to the fact that you get transfered to an iphone person for technical help when you call. While Sprint does have a few "bad apples" left in Customer Service, in general all you do when you get someone who is being unreasonable is just call back, really it works 9/10 times.

For me the main reasons to support/stick with Sprint over anyone else are:
1. Price (only T-Mobile is close in this category and there rural coverage BLOWS)
2. Openly touting 4G as truely "unlimited" this at a time when Att is cutting your kneecaps at 2gb of data.
3. 3g is at 5GB still with no additional "tiering" in sight (hello Verizon we know your going to screw us just like Att)
4. Price (did I mention that already?)
5. They "roam" on Verizon. Even though your roaming data is slow and limited, voice is not. So if you need to make a call or send an e-mail you can do it almost anywhere in the country and at almost 1/2 the cost of what Verizon will charge you. Good luck doing that on ATT or T-Mobile.

All that being said enjoy Att I'm sure your won't have any trouble... ;)

I have always had good luck with Sprint C/S. If I am having an issue with a phone I go directly to the main Sprint store in town as they have awesome techs there. The only time I had issues with Sprint C/S was when trying to get a rebate on a phone. This is the reason I buy all my phones at Best Buy. Lastly as for the slow data roam. I would say roaming data is hit and miss. However, last weekend I went on a poker run with some friends that had Droid's on Verizon. I was pulling down faster data while roaming (on Verizon) then they were. I was like "I'm steelin your 3G's." hahah.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones