Sprint Galaxy S3 receiving large OTA updateGeneral

1. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. jackroo

jackroo Well-Known Member

Just checked for it. Haven't received it yet. Have you updated and if so, any noticeable changes?
  3. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

I flashed the update via stock recovery, but there are full flashable zips in other recoveries here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1910947

No noticeable changes for me - maybe slightly improved signal strength from my desk at work, but it is hard to say if that is solely due to the update.

Also, right before flashng this I did check to see if I could get it OTA - but it was still unavailable for me.
  4. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

Nah haven't gotten it yet. I got an update for the the voicemail app recently but nothing major.
  5. choller

choller New Member

Received via AT&T this morning. Looks like it upgraded to 4.1.1. I hadn't wanted to bother with doing the upgrade before.
  6. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

Now i have to unroot and root again to get the update =/
  7. scotth501

scotth501 Active Member

This was available for me immediately when I saw the notice last week. I updated my phone, but not my wife's. Hers still shows 4.1.1 while mine is 4.1.2. The update was about 150MB, but I haven't noticed any major differences. I got a pop-up about the improved "swype-like" function of the standard Samsung keyboard, but I'm not using that anyway.