• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Galaxy S3 receiving large OTA update

I flashed the update via stock recovery, but there are full flashable zips in other recoveries here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1910947

No noticeable changes for me - maybe slightly improved signal strength from my desk at work, but it is hard to say if that is solely due to the update.

Also, right before flashng this I did check to see if I could get it OTA - but it was still unavailable for me.

Upvote 0
Nah haven't gotten it yet. I got an update for the the voicemail app recently but nothing major.

This was available for me immediately when I saw the notice last week. I updated my phone, but not my wife's. Hers still shows 4.1.1 while mine is 4.1.2. The update was about 150MB, but I haven't noticed any major differences. I got a pop-up about the improved "swype-like" function of the standard Samsung keyboard, but I'm not using that anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones