• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G2 Stuck in fastboot mode. PLEASE HELP!

:D:D:D:D Friends, I have finally found the solution, my phone working again before you start using it, thank God first, and thanks also to @iowabowtech thank you very much!

The method to retrieve my phone was using an unmodified TOT and other DLL file.
These are:

LGD800AT-01-V10o-310-410-OCT-19-2013 + 0.tot
LGUP_8974.DLL

you can download DLL it here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2473543&d=1387955530

This is a version of JellyBean, able to upgrade to KitKat smoothly? :cool:

Upvote 0
Hmm, kinda surprised that work but I'm happy that it did so I can stop this huge, slow upload. :D

Yeah this is the situation I was talking about earlier. I somewhat doubt you'll be able to update via OTA because you are now on an AT&T firmware while not being a customer of theirs. Never know I guess, I haven't been in that situation before. You may have to hope for a leaked tot in the future in order to upgrade.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Oh no! I noticed on the touch screen there is a dead spot does not respond well, I checked using a drawing application, I read in another post you need to change the touch screen, there is no other solution to this?

Attachments

• 2014-12-25-16-36-01.png
    2014-12-25-16-36-01.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It worked :D It finally detects my phone! :) It's off the unknown devices list :)

hey, im having the same problem with my phone. everything yours had issues with , I currently have. Did your phone work after you put the commands in cp with pda net installed? I did everything that guy told you to do but i'm still having an issue. my computer detects my phone but I dont know what to do after. hopefully you'll reply thanks.

Upvote 0
iowabowtech,

I have read most of your posts above for a solution to my problem, which is that I'm stuck in fastboot mode on an LG GPad VK810. You seem quite knowledgeable on fastboot, and I've learned a lot reading through the posts. I hope you can help. Here is my problem.

It seems, from what I've read so far, that I can push the loki and recovery files needed on my device using adb, OR flash a recovery via fastboot. The problem is, that my GPad is stuck in fastboot mode. I haven't been able to find a flashable recovery image for fastboot (I assume because loki is needed to unlock the bootloader), nor a way to get adb to recognize my device. I can reboot it with the fastboot commands (thanks, BTW) so it's connected properly, but I can't push anything via adb (error: device not connected). Do you know a way to somehow switch my device to adb from fastboot, or how to push files with fastboot?

Upvote 0
My phone ( LG G2 D802 ) is stuck in fastboot mode too. I used LG flash tool 2014 to install 4.4.2 stock ROM and in that process lg user cs tool didn't respond and automatically it closed. When it happened installation of ROM succeeded to 99%. After that phone restarts n LG logo appears and it's stuck. I user CMD to flash a laf file but download mode didn't appear and again only fastboot mode. Plus I can't go to revovery mode. Please help

Upvote 0
Just a quick pop-in to shed some light on adb vs. fastboot mode (note: I'll totally defer to our esteemed @iowabowtech for any LG-specific matters, though).

fastboot mode is only available when your device is booted into the bootloader (i.e., normal Android or custom recovery are not running).

adb mode is only available when your booted-up in a custom recovery (like CWM or TWRP, etc.) or when booted into normal Android and you have previously enabled USB debugging.

These modes often require different USB drivers.

Also, FWIW, fastboot seems to have best success using USB 2.0 vs. USB 3.0 (I've personally had problems using fastboot on a USB 3.0 connection and have heard others having problems, too--however, that was admittedly a while back, but wanted to offer-up that info in case it's helpful).

Cheers and best of luck--I'll go back to lurking now :).

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
My phone ( LG G2 D802 ) is stuck in fastboot mode too. I used LG flash tool 2014 to install 4.4.2 stock ROM and in that process lg user cs tool didn't respond and automatically it closed. When it happened installation of ROM succeeded to 99%. After that phone restarts n LG logo appears and it's stuck. I user CMD to flash a laf file but download mode didn't appear and again only fastboot mode. Plus I can't go to revovery mode. Please help

If you bought your D802 used, you'll want to pull the rear cover off the phone and verify that it actually has D802 internals. Unfortunately, there is a widespread scam going on right now where people are selling phones as D802's but they have D800 or D801 internals. Therefore, fastboot flashing 802 partitions and/or firmware fails to work. The only way to verify that is remove the rear cover and look in the lower left corner inside the device to get your model number. Also, look at the ribbon cables which go up both sides of the phone and there will be several model #'s stamped on there. Upon assembly, most times they use a black marker to mark which model they are being installed in. Between those two items, you can determine which internals you have. To go one step further, you can remove the dust cover (black plastic cover) off the motherboard. That is the upper most protective piece and it's held in with several very small Phillips screws. Under that, is the motherboard which I believe is also stamped with the true model number.

Upvote 0
Just a quick pop-in to shed some light on adb vs. fastboot mode (note: I'll totally defer to our esteemed @iowabowtech for any LG-specific matters, though).

fastboot mode is only available when your device is booted into the bootloader (i.e., normal Android or custom recovery are not running).

adb mode is only available when your booted-up in a custom recovery (like CWM or TWRP, etc.) or when booted into normal Android and you have previously enabled USB debugging.

These modes often require different USB drivers.

Also, FWIW, fastboot seems to have best success using USB 2.0 vs. USB 3.0 (I've personally had problems using fastboot on a USB 3.0 connection and have heard others having problems, too--however, that was admittedly a while back, but wanted to offer-up that info in case it's helpful).

Cheers and best of luck--I'll go back to lurking now :).

Great stuff there SA as always! :)

iowabowtech,

I have read most of your posts above for a solution to my problem, which is that I'm stuck in fastboot mode on an LG GPad VK810. You seem quite knowledgeable on fastboot, and I've learned a lot reading through the posts. I hope you can help. Here is my problem.

It seems, from what I've read so far, that I can push the loki and recovery files needed on my device using adb, OR flash a recovery via fastboot. The problem is, that my GPad is stuck in fastboot mode. I haven't been able to find a flashable recovery image for fastboot (I assume because loki is needed to unlock the bootloader), nor a way to get adb to recognize my device. I can reboot it with the fastboot commands (thanks, BTW) so it's connected properly, but I can't push anything via adb (error: device not connected). Do you know a way to somehow switch my device to adb from fastboot, or how to push files with fastboot?

@dadof10, SA is being very humble. He's exceptionally knowledgeable on virtually anything Android. And for the reasons he mentioned, you cannot gain adb access in your current state. The only options for adb are a booted phone with usb debugging enabled, or via a custom recovery which you don't have at this time.

So, your only option at this time is download mode (which it appears you don't have currently) or fastboot mode which you do have. When it comes to fastboot in your situation, the best you can do is fastboot flash certain files in order to restore download mode. Getting download mode back is the goal. So what we need is, at minimum, a laf.img for your device. If you can find that, we may be able to restore your download mode using the fastboot boot or fastboot flash command(s). If you can comment on how you ended up in fastboot mode in the first place it would be helpful. I'm not sure what tools you have access to but the G2, for example uses an app called Autorec to install TWRP recovery. Because Loki was patched on Kitkat, it performs some smoke and mirrors behind the scenes to downgrade our aboot and flash a patched boot.img in order to allow Loki to work. For this reason, when we are restoring download mode, we fastboot flash aboot, boot and laf to make SURE all three are back to snuff. I say all this just in case you are in a similar situation with your device, so any and all details you can provide would be critical.

If you can provide me with a link to a KDZ for your device, I can extract the necessary files and upload them for you. The ideal situation would be a KDZ that matches the firmware you are currently running on your device but in reality, any kdz would work as long as it's absolutely for your device (and carrier if applicable).

Upvote 0
Thanks Scary Alien and Iowabowtech for the help, lots of great info. I've had Android devices for a few years and have only rooted and flashed by following instructions, never learning the "why". You are giving me a clinic and I appreciate it.

I'm at work right now, and can't look for the KDZ file. I know there is one because I tried to flash it earlier with the LG Support Tool, but to no avail. Before I left home, I flashed a recovery to see what would happen and I managed to get into stock recovery. I tried all 4 options but they all just take me back to fastboot mode. If you can make something of that...

How I got here was, I was on Verizon 4.4.2 OTA and tried to flash a boot image in Flashfy to go back to 4.2.2 so I could get TWRP. Didn't work out so well. I am rooted and could have sworn I checked USB debugging before I bricked it. If you need more info, just let me know. As soon as I get home I'll send that link to the KDZ file. Thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0
Thanks Scary Alien and Iowabowtech for the help, lots of great info. I've had Android devices for a few years and have only rooted and flashed by following instructions, never learning the "why". You are giving me a clinic and I appreciate it.

I'm at work right now, and can't look for the KDZ file. I know there is one because I tried to flash it earlier with the LG Support Tool, but to no avail. Before I left home, I flashed a recovery to see what would happen and I managed to get into stock recovery. I tried all 4 options but they all just take me back to fastboot mode. If you can make something of that...

How I got here was, I was on Verizon 4.4.2 OTA and tried to flash a boot image in Flashfy to go back to 4.2.2 so I could get TWRP. Didn't work out so well. I am rooted and could have sworn I checked USB debugging before I bricked it. If you need more info, just let me know. As soon as I get home I'll send that link to the KDZ file. Thanks again for the help.

If you absolutely positively only changed the boot.img then you could get away with flashing only the stock boot.img and you'd theoretically have a booting phone again with no lost data. We'd need the VZW 4.4.2 kdz to pull that off. If you know your imei, you can use that to get a download link for your kdz provided that VZW hasn't disabled that option. See how to do that here:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/how-get-lg-flashfiles-direct-kdz-1744645/

So yeah if you can get that link and PM it to me, I can download and extract what you need. If you bought the device new, the imei will be on the box it came in. If not, on some LG's you can press a combo of buttons and it'll show your imei. On the g2 for example, its done by pressing both volumes and power at the same time starting from a fully powered off state.

Upvote 0
If you absolutely positively only changed the boot.img then you could get away with flashing only the stock boot.img and you'd theoretically have a booting phone again with no lost data. We'd need the VZW 4.4.2 kdz to pull that off. If you know your imei, you can use that to get a download link for your kdz provided that VZW hasn't disabled that option. See how to do that here:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/how-get-lg-flashfiles-direct-kdz-1744645/

So yeah if you can get that link and PM it to me, I can download and extract what you need. If you bought the device new, the imei will be on the box it came in. If not, on some LG's you can press a combo of buttons and it'll show your imei. On the g2 for example, its done by pressing both volumes and power at the same time starting from a fully powered off state.
OK...On it's way...

Upvote 0
**SOLVED**

I want to profusely thank iowabowtech for the personal help in unbricking my device. He extracted the stock boot image from the KDZ file and sent it to me. I flashed it with fastboot and it worked like a charm!! I am running KK 4.4.2 now, and, even better, he TAUGHT me a lot about how to unbrick it (teach a man to fish, and all that), for which I will always be grateful.

My device is the LG GPad vk810 (Verizon) I flashed a bogus boot image (4.2.2), which is what caused the problem. Iowabowtech extracted the stock image, and I have it on my computer. If anyone has the same problem, please let me know and I will be happy to send you the image.

Thanks again, Iowa. I am indebted to you for the time and effort you freely gave to me, someone who you didn't know. God bless you, my friend.

Upvote 0
I did not quite understand what you mean there. I'm going to assume that means you do not have the tools to do this. And yes it does appear that you have a d800. If you'll note on the picture you posted, the d800 appears to be marked on the ribbon cables that go up each side of the phone.

Ok so the first thing you will need is the ability to send fastboot commands to the phone. For this, you can use our forum's "mini sdk" found here:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

Please note the download is at the bottom of the post in the above link. Unzip that to the root of your computer's "C" drive. Now install this driver to your PC:

http://www.koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Once installed, connect your phone to the PC while it shows fastboot mode.

Next open Windows command prompt. Type cd c:\sdk-tools, then type fastboot devices. You should then see the word "fastboot" displayed. To make sure you have a good fastboot connection, now type fastboot reboot. If the phone reboots, you are ready to fix the phone.

I'd like to stop here to verify everything worked ok since Windows can have driver issues. If the koush universal driver does not work to get you a fastboot connection, we will try another driver. Then we can fix the phone. Let us know how all that goes first please.

Upvote 0
when i tried typing the thing on the command prompt it said the system cannot find specified path what do i do i know it recognized my phone because when i typed fastboot reboot it rebooted my back to fastboot mode so i know it worked

Did you install the mini-sdk package on the root of your PC's "C" drive? If so, could you post a screenshot of your CMD session so we can review the commands/errors?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones