Sprint - Moment, Intercept, or Zio for the wife??

Last Updated:

1. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an Evo that my wife has grown quite fond of. I want to update her to an android phone, but want to stay away form the $10 fee and higher cost of a flagship phone for now.
    I have been looking at craigslist for moments, intercepts, and zios.

Does anyone have any experience with more than one of these that can give me some insight?

I really don't have a preference, and haven't looked that closely at them in the store. I want to grab something for her now, and then make a more educated decision for what to get her when her contract date comes up in March.
    My wife likes the android apps and bells and whistles the my Evo has. She currently has a LG Lotus (ver. 1).

I am not against any other phone that you want to suggest, either!

Thanx for any input,
    Ron

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I highly suggest the LG Optimus S. It beats all those phones you mentioned handily.

It's the best 3G Android phone, regardless of price.

Eazail70x7 likes this.
  3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I have highlighted the phones in color coding you have mentioned.
    Bright red is for 'STAY AWAY, THEY DON'T WORK'.
    Dark red is for 'If you can deal with lots of lag and slow speeds, they're OK'.
    Green is for 'This phone is great for the price point, and it won't let you down'.

The LG Optimus S is the only phone I can consciously suggest to anyone on Sprint as a low end / beginner smartphone that will not disappoint.

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Do not buy a Samsung Moment... unless you are a masochist.
    I'm not kidding.:eek:

5. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Yes, please stay away from all these. I had a Intercept, and that was a horrible phone. Now I have a Transform, and for me it is a pretty good phone. I would recommend the Optimums S or the Transform.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Agreed with the above... stay away from the 3 that you listed.

7. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

you could always go with the Hero

8. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I would also go with the LG listed above. It beats the hero, and 1/3 the price. IMO can't be beat! It is also selling like hotcakes so I imagine the mod community will be huge (assuming you are into that).

One thing that was pointed out to me about that $10 4G fee... it actually gives you uncapped data and network priority. I did confirm this with a Sprint rep since I thought that was too good to be true. Just a heads up! ;)

9. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I think the Optimus and the Hero are your best bets with Sprint. Being a former Hero owner I simply loved that phone and all it can do. But because the Optimus has a better processor and has a more up to date version of Android, it would be better choice logically.

10. Recoil1

Recoil1 Well-Known Member

Hero is good but the LG optimus S is much better. None of the others are worthwhile.

11. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Why is the optimus s or transform not on your list lol? Both are the newest and best 3g phones on sprint. I recommend the optimus s out of these 2 cause it had 2.2 and a better processor. If you want a slightly larger screen and a physical qwerty, go with the transform.