• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint - Moment, Intercept, or Zio for the wife??

I have an Evo that my wife has grown quite fond of. I want to update her to an android phone, but want to stay away form the $10 fee and higher cost of a flagship phone for now.
I have been looking at craigslist for moments, intercepts, and zios.

Does anyone have any experience with more than one of these that can give me some insight?

I really don't have a preference, and haven't looked that closely at them in the store. I want to grab something for her now, and then make a more educated decision for what to get her when her contract date comes up in March.
My wife likes the android apps and bells and whistles the my Evo has. She currently has a LG Lotus (ver. 1).

I am not against any other phone that you want to suggest, either!

Thanx for any input,
Ron

...for moments, intercepts, and zios....

I have highlighted the phones in color coding you have mentioned.
Bright red is for 'STAY AWAY, THEY DON'T WORK'.
Dark red is for 'If you can deal with lots of lag and slow speeds, they're OK'.
Green is for 'This phone is great for the price point, and it won't let you down'.

The LG Optimus S is the only phone I can consciously suggest to anyone on Sprint as a low end / beginner smartphone that will not disappoint.

Upvote 0
I would also go with the LG listed above. It beats the hero, and 1/3 the price. IMO can't be beat! It is also selling like hotcakes so I imagine the mod community will be huge (assuming you are into that).

One thing that was pointed out to me about that $10 4G fee... it actually gives you uncapped data and network priority. I did confirm this with a Sprint rep since I thought that was too good to be true. Just a heads up! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones