• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint PRL Updates Thread (Latest PRL 21090)

Don't get too caught up in 4g speeds, unless you're downloading crap or streaming video. Even still nearly 3mb/s is good enough for video steaming.

4G will shut off when you are not in a coverage area, but it should also rescan periodically as long as 4G is enabled. It doesn't turn off from a reboot. You should have an icon showing you when 4G is not connected(when 4G is enabled).

I agree with both statements!

True. Up until yesterday I would get one bar every now and then. As of today, I am getting almost all bars of 4G at home. At work today 3G was awful.

Give and take? lol

Reactions: CarrieK
Upvote 0
According to this PRL 50580 is 2G not 3G. :mad:

LINK

Yeah, I went over there to check it out and noticed a couple people couldn't get the codes to work so I alerted them about the perils of using a third party dialer :)

That's really weird that they would push out the wrong type of PRL. Surely they didn't do it on purpose!? Maybe someone was consuming adult beverages on the job ;)

Reactions: Wiley_11
Upvote 0
For the heck of it I thought I would check my 3G speeds this morning. Waaay better than yesterday when I had the new PRL. I know it is early on a Saturday morning but like I said, at this same time yesterday it was crawling!

2011-09-03_04-54-34.jpg

Upvote 0
That link is for rooted phones I believe. Here is a link for non rooted phones.

*LINK*

THANKS A TON!! As you'll see below, I am back in business....

First is 3G and 50580, 2nd pic is 4G & 50580 and third is return to 3G & 21081

Attachments

• 50580_3G.jpg
    50580_3G.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 50580_4G.jpg
    50580_4G.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 21081_3G.jpg
    21081_3G.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
seems to be a good idea to hang on to the 2XXXX PRL. if it ain't broke....

I am still curious as hell as to why sprint even has the prl still active. I just updated mines again for the hell of it to see if they pulled the 50580 prl and its still up. I am sure they got thousands of calls about this issue and for it to still be active really makes me wonder what else is really going on.

Upvote 0
I am still curious as hell as to why sprint even has the prl still active. I just updated mines again for the hell of it to see if they pulled the 50580 prl and its still up. I am sure they got thousands of calls about this issue and for it to still be active really makes me wonder what else is really going on.

I agree. But on the other hand... How many people decide to just go update there PRL for the fun of it?

Upvote 0
I agree. But on the other hand... How many people decide to just go update there PRL for the fun of it?

I agree too. I just got the evo 3d and I am within my 30 days. I use the sprint application to ensure everything is up to date. My wife's evo was around 1MB download and i was at the 130kbps. Sprint troubleshooting had me get a new phone. Went through all that pain with the same speed results! I was going to take it back to get a photon. Then I found this forum and fixed it...hail to the forums. I think it is messed up that it only affects the 3d and not the 4G or shift.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with Sprint after reading the Sprint Community Forums. According to retentions if you take your phone to a *Corp* repair store they will roll your PRL back to 21081. Call and make sure they have a *Slate Machine*. JPSquared is a Sprint tech posting in the forum about this issue last night. (post 3)

Sprint Community Forums

Upvote 0
That's also true but how could they not know this is causing issues? I refuse to believe that sprint can be this clueless.

Oh no.. I agree with you 100%! I am just saying its probably not as wide spread as you think. I guess the point I am trying to illustrate is this:

Im sure they know and just dont care because it only affects a minority of users.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones