• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Trading to a better phone than the evo?

thall1621

Lurker
Dec 18, 2010
Ok so here's the situation, I am due for an upgrade, and the rep. Told me if I trade in my EVO they will give me an extra 150, so I could get a brand new phone for way cheap.... but the question is, what, if any, phone would be better? I love my EVO its been a great phone. Should I wait for the EVO 3d? Iv done some research but can't seem to find a device much better than the one I already have. Anyone looking forward to something coming out that is as freakin awesome as the EVO was when it cane out?

I have been thinkin about the EVO 3d pretty heavily, but I'm not sure if I would want to root. My current EVO is completely stock and aside from some small issues I love it. The 3d looks cool but I can't imagine it being a whole lot better, I don't wanna waste my upgrade on that and 3 months later a way sicker phone comes out and blows it out of the water. But still no matter what I get something is always going to come out and be bigger and better, just a matter of time I suppose ....

Upvote 0
There are only three phones that would be worth upgrading to this summer. EVO 3D, Photon 4G, or Samsung Galaxy S 2.

I'm going to be waiting until all of them are released, well at least until the Photon 4G is released, prior to making my upgrade decision. I love the EVO 4G as well, but I'm not opposed to upgrading if any of the above-mentioned phones really blow it out of the water.

If the rumored specs of the Photon 4G end up being correct, and I like the form factor once it's announced on June 9, then that'll be my first choice of all 3. One of the key elements that is rumored to be included is an integrated kickstand, just like the EVO 4G. The rumored technical specs are on par with the EVO 3D and SGS 2. Some things better, some things not as good, but overall enough for me to consider it

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones