• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Steinheil Crystal Clear Protector Review

holey bubbles! I just posted about this in a different thread but I applied 3 shields (it was my first time ever) and none of them were left with any bubbles. I never even had that many bubbles to start with...I had like 1 or 2 large ones that I smoothed down with my fingers and they disappeared.

The only thing I have left are the tiny crescent moon shapes near the trackpad that hopefully will disappear soon. It gets smaller and smaller every day, or so it seems.

Upvote 0
For everyone who is asking about using the silicone case with the Steinheil Protector, it is working perfectly for me. I have the black silicone case with the AF Protector, and it is tight to the screen. All corners are tight to the screen as well, with no bubbles. The scotch tape trick worked well for me when I was installing it, as I could not wait when it came in the mail and did it right at my desk. I had to lift the screen protector several times to get rid of all the anomolies - but when all was said and done it looks perfect.;)

Upvote 0
there's 2 protective films that you were suppose to remove. One side has the adhesive (big paper tab) and the other side with the smaller paper tab... you have to push out the bubbles with the included squeegee while you lay the film down too, which looks like the part you missed lol.

HOLY HELL! WHAT THE EFF, okay so my bigger tab (non blue side) was just stuck to the screen. I literally tried to remove it and it really wouldnt come off. So, when I finally managed to pull it off, it just left a sticker residue on the screen (like there was no second protective side). Does that make sense? I had to use goo be gone to get the sticker off. very annoying.

So I MIGHT have it on upside down? And still have the adhesive side hidden? I lined up the side that had the blue on it and put that down on the screen. Didnt want to stick at first but with enough pressure it did, but with TONS of bubbles. wow w.t.f. am i really just a moron? haha, I swear im amazing usually w technology.. built a few computers etc and this screen protector is giving me crap

Upvote 0
I am an idiot. I literally put the side that you touch (faces out) on the bottom like it was the adhesive side hahaha. For some reason the bigger tab would NOT remove the adhesive side. I literally just checked and sure enough the sticky side is facing UP, with the second film still on it.. i guess the top side just suctioned itself down. lol im on a road trip right now but when i get to my hotel at 11pm, ill flip it over and remove it and let you know how it goes. still can't believe that really just happened.

Upvote 0
Not sure who to thank,

This is my first smart phone and obviously my first screen protector.
Unfortunately, I do not own a microfiber towel and spent about 30 min trying to clean the screen with the silk pad it came with to no avail. CLEAN THE SCREEN IN THE BATHROOM WITH THE SHOWER ON HOTTT - no idea where I read that but it worked like a charm and had the screen clean in two minutes (use scotch tape if there is any dust still on the screen). Did my best to line up the circle and the edges and used the squeegee as I set the protector down. Went on perfectly, had maybe 4 small bubbles, got them all out... pretty much (there is one tiny little bubble in one corner but only I see nobody else I have shown it to sees it, so I'm just being anal about it). All in all i think it went really well

My fingers don't slide across it as smoothly as they did without a screen but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Other than that it is CRYSTAL CLEAR and I'm loving it.

(btw the package does come with two screen protectors)

Thanks to everyone who gave advice. Just trying to pay it forward.

Upvote 0
the cc is like it says crystal clear . i went through 3 of them .they went on almost perfect for me . bubbles on the edges were my problem . went through 3 . i wish i could get it right .now i tried the seidio and i guess i got it right .no bubbles anywhere including the edges but i did leave a nasty fingerprint under the screen .i have one steinheil left and next time im at the mall im gonna see if the kid in BB mobile can do it better than i can .i took all the advice from this site on accs and the info is good so far thanks .

Upvote 0
These installed quick and easy....

By far the best screen protector I have tried....

Had these on 2 blackberrys (Storm and Curve) and they lasted the life of the phones (in fact they are still installed)...

So, I have it now on the Incredible and I am also using a Seidio Innocase and even with the tight fit of the case, it has not effected the protector in anyway!

Lego!

Upvote 0
can someone please tell me what's going on here? they don't appeasr to be bubble or dust, as it is at the egde so I should have been able to remove them by now. - They just don't seem to adhere at some of these edges/sides

Picture012.jpg

Upvote 0
Can anyone comment on the AF screen protector versus the CC? I currently have the AF protector on mine, and it works very well, completely eliminating fingerprints compared to the naked screen. There is also no drag when swiping the screen (I'm a Swype user). The thing that has been bothering me lately, however, is the sacrifice I made in the viewing quality of the screen, as it is slightly more blurry than the original screen.

Before I received and applied the AF protector, I would constantly be wiping the screen, as my hands/fingers tend to be very oily. There was also a decent amount of drag when using Swype. I would need to use the tip of my finger closest to my fingernail (if that makes sense), which wouldn't register sometimes when I used more of my fingernail to touch the screen, as opposed to my finger. I had to do this to cut down on the drag.

So my question is, will a CC screen protector provide noticeable improvement in the areas of drag and fingerprints compared to the naked screen? And how different will it be compared to my AF protector?

Upvote 0
I just received my CC in the mail. I was using the Zagg protector but got sick of it due to stickiness, sensitivity loss, and a ton of really annoying horizontal lines on the bottom half of the screen that developed about 2-3 weeks after installation.

It was professionally installed by Best Buy and looked good for a while. But take it from me, these things don't last. The lines were very visible - hard to describe but they were annoying and ruined the experience of the beautiful aLomED display.

I got the zagg for free and installed for free so it doesn't bug me.

Wish me luck on CC installation.

Upvote 0
I had a ZAGG and hated it. Like many others have posted, it's sticky, soft / squishy, and just not impressive. After 2 weeks (2 weeks!), a corner peeled up and I got tons of lint on it, making more of it peel up. Very lame. I've tried cleaning it with left-over solution, and it didn't work. The solution just gunked up. Clean water (with or without a bit of soap) didnt' work either.

My Steinheil? Awesome. It took quite a few tries to get it perfect, which is what it is now. I've had a few friends tell me they didn't even know it was there. No specks, no dust, no bubbles. 3 weeks running! LOL

For those who have the smallest bubbles or edges not laying flat - I suggest using a piece of a scotch tape to clear anything between teh screen and SGH. You might (probably do) have something there that you can't see. Try it again and again and again. It took me about 30 minutes to get mine perfect - and I mean perfect!

Upvote 0
My Steinheil? Awesome. It took quite a few tries to get it perfect, which is what it is now. I've had a few friends tell me they didn't even know it was there. No specks, no dust, no bubbles. 3 weeks running! LOL

I haven't tried yet - still at work.

So I can get multiple tries? It's not like once you put it on it's cooked? You just peel it off and re-clean it or don't do anything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones