Stock Android keyboard

Last Updated:

1. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running Fresh 2.3.3 and want a better keyboard. I really liked the stock keyboard included in Purehero (voicesearchwithkeyboard. Apk)

I pulled that apk and installed into /system/app

I get the choice when I long press in an input field, but it doesn't appear.

Does anyone know if this keyboard will work with Fresh? Is there a better place to get this apk?
    Any places I could have goofed up?

thx

Advertisement
  2. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebooting the phone? Also, go into Settings > Language and Keyboard, make sure that it shows up in that list, if not then its either not installing correctly or isn't going to work with that rom, which it should.

3. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yep, rebooted.

Settings > Language and Keyboard and also on a long press on input field it shows all 3 keyboards installed:
    Touch Input
    HTC_IME mod
    Android keyboard

The first two work fine, third one allows me to select it, but no keyboard shows when it's selected.

4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Its probably not compatible with the ROM, I had the same situation, only opposite...lol. I was using a Froyo ROM (which was just stock) and tried using the HTC_IME keyboard I had, the option appeared for me in the settings > keyboard area, but when long pressing it although I DID see it, it never pulled up the actual KB in any apps.

5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Just search for "android keyboard" in the sprint hero section on XDA, you should find a flashable zip.

6. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

hmm i tried to attach the stock android keyboard but it still doesn't work on this forum....thats gay

EDIT: try this AOSP-KEYBOARD

just flash through recovery