• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Android keyboard

genuser

Jul 7, 2010
I am running Fresh 2.3.3 and want a better keyboard. I really liked the stock keyboard included in Purehero (voicesearchwithkeyboard. Apk)

I pulled that apk and installed into /system/app

I get the choice when I long press in an input field, but it doesn't appear.

Does anyone know if this keyboard will work with Fresh? Is there a better place to get this apk?
Any places I could have goofed up?

thx

Have you tried rebooting the phone? Also, go into Settings > Language and Keyboard, make sure that it shows up in that list, if not then its either not installing correctly or isn't going to work with that rom, which it should.

Yep, rebooted.

Settings > Language and Keyboard and also on a long press on input field it shows all 3 keyboards installed:
Touch Input
HTC_IME mod
Android keyboard

The first two work fine, third one allows me to select it, but no keyboard shows when it's selected.

Upvote 0
Yep, rebooted.

Settings > Language and Keyboard and also on a long press on input field it shows all 3 keyboards installed:
Touch Input
HTC_IME mod
Android keyboard

The first two work fine, third one allows me to select it, but no keyboard shows when it's selected.

Its probably not compatible with the ROM, I had the same situation, only opposite...lol. I was using a Froyo ROM (which was just stock) and tried using the HTC_IME keyboard I had, the option appeared for me in the settings > keyboard area, but when long pressing it although I DID see it, it never pulled up the actual KB in any apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones