• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock AOSP GB 2.3.2

JIT is disabled, to enable, you must edit build prop. Change fast to jit. To those familiar with enabling JIT in 0.9.9.2, it's the same process;)

VM Heap is at 48m, to change, edit vm heap in build prop;)

Without Cyanogen settings, these things will have to be edited with root explorer or es file explorer.

If you do edit build prop, after editing and saving make sure you do a reboot;)

Upvote 0
JIT is disabled, to enable, you must edit build prop. Change fast to jit. To those familiar with enabling JIT in 0.9.9.2, it's the same process;)

VM Heap is at 48m, to change, edit vm heap in build prop;)

Without Cyanogen settings, these things will have to be edited with root explorer or es file explorer.

If you do edit build prop, after editing and saving make sure you do a reboot;)

Okay, I'm sure for most serious modders, these will be stupid questions.....

What is JIT? Why does it need to be enabled? How do you do it?

What is VM Heap? Why should it be changed from 48m? How do you do it?

But this isn't an official AOSP release though....would those modifications likely need to be done when AOSP releases the final build...?

Upvote 0
So, this is like the equivalent of AOSP Android 2.2 versus CyanogenMod 6.1, but in Gingerbread form right? Does this vanilla Android 2.3 ROM have the tweaks like the OpenGL ES 1.1 driver and whatnot?

Yeah, I have no tried editing the build prop file yet. It is horribly difficult or just like editing a config file with a text editor in Windows?

NO....this isn't PURE AOSP or Google....Someone just used AOSP's Rom and deleted a few APK's....PURE AOSP is coming...Patience Young GrassHopper....

Okay, I'm sure for most serious modders, these will be stupid questions.....

What is JIT? Why does it need to be enabled? How do you do it?

What is VM Heap? Why should it be changed from 48m? How do you do it?

But this isn't an official AOSP release though....would those modifications likely need to be done when AOSP releases the final build...?

JIT is Just in Time - Don't enable it.....It is nice for Quad Scores...but doesn't really serve much of a purpose on our Heros...

VM HEAP - to get to 48....you would need to go into build Prop.
I keep mine at 24....STABLE....You will eventually have reboots at 48....

Reactions: airswoosh1
Upvote 0
NO....this isn't PURE AOSP or Google....Someone just used AOSP's Rom and deleted a few APK's....PURE AOSP is coming...Patience Young GrassHopper....

Alrighty, I will be patient. However, care to explain how one modifies the build prop file?

I assume it is like editing a config file using notepad in Windows, but I was not completely sure. I guess I could edit it using EStrongs File Explorer?

Upvote 0
Alrighty, I will be patient. However, care to explain how one modifies the build prop file?

I assume it is like editing a config file using notepad in Windows, but I was not completely sure. I guess I could edit it using EStrongs File Explorer?

You can change the VM HEAP from CyogenSettings up to 32.....

Build prop is - ES Explorer - Root Options - Cynogen - Mount
System Build Prop Search for VM HEAP - change to 48 Save un mount unclick root Reboot....

Seriously though...wouldn't recommend it...

Upvote 0
You can change the VM HEAP from CyogenSettings up to 32.....

Build prop is - ES Explorer - Root Options - Cynogen - Mount
System Build Prop Search for VM HEAP - change to 48 Save un mount unclick root Reboot....

Seriously though...wouldn't recommend it...

This will work in any ROM, not just CyanogenMod, I assume? It is weird that EStrongs File Explorer would have a "Cyanogen" setting.

Oh well, as long as it works. Thanks for the tips.

Upvote 0

JIT is Just in Time - Don't enable it.....It is nice for Quad Scores...but doesn't really serve much of a purpose on our Heros...

VM HEAP - to get to 48....you would need to go into build Prop.
I keep mine at 24....STABLE....You will eventually have reboots at 48....

Wow, times have changed with you young grasshopper:p No JIT, VM Heap set at 48, random reboots:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones