stock music app playing .wav files after froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. bhoth

bhoth Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I have my Vonage home line set up to email me with a wav file when I get a new voicemail at home.

Before the upgrade the stock music player would play the wav file. After upgrading, it says "unable to play this type of audio file"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gmanvbva

gmanvbva Active Member

3. TT_Vert

TT_Vert Well-Known Member

ditto, vonage vm;s

4. smax013

smax013 New Member

I have an Evo and had the same issue with the upgrade to Froyo...my Vonage voicemail WAV files would not longer work when they worked with Android 2.1.

It appears as if Google removed support for WAV files in their built-in player according to some "news" articles I have seen on the issue.

Thus, it appears the only solution for the moment is to get a third party app that will play WAV files. Yes, this is a very poor solution. It is kind of on par with the lame Steve Job's "solution" of "don't hold it that way" for the iPhone 4 antenna issues, but if you really want to be able to listen to your voicemail WAV files, then it appears to be the best, if not only, solution.

FWIW, the app that I got for this purpose was Remote Wave. It is available through the Android Market. It is not a free app. It plays back my Vonage messages just fine. It is not as "elogant" as the built-in player was...it basically just plays the message with no "timeline" view of the message and no "rewind" or "fast forward" function. But, it does the job.

Hope that helps.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Google changed the codec core in 2.2 Android - these problems may well be related to that.

Some of that they're already fixing.

6. tama2112

tama2112 Well-Known Member

Any updates on this? It is very aggravating that i can no longer listen to my voice-mails from work. Are there any free 3rd party apps that will play wav files?

7. tama2112

tama2112 Well-Known Member

Is there any free 3rd-party apps which will play WAV files?

8. mikebz5

mikebz5 Active Member

Look for RemoteWave player in the market. I had the same problem with att vm. When you preview the wav file just select remote wave. Works great ;)