• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock music app playing .wav files after froyo

bhoth

Jul 13, 2010
Hi All,

I have my Vonage home line set up to email me with a wav file when I get a new voicemail at home.

Before the upgrade the stock music player would play the wav file. After upgrading, it says "unable to play this type of audio file"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi All,

I have my Vonage home line set up to email me with a wav file when I get a new voicemail at home.

Before the upgrade the stock music player would play the wav file. After upgrading, it says "unable to play this type of audio file"

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have an Evo and had the same issue with the upgrade to Froyo...my Vonage voicemail WAV files would not longer work when they worked with Android 2.1.

It appears as if Google removed support for WAV files in their built-in player according to some "news" articles I have seen on the issue.

Thus, it appears the only solution for the moment is to get a third party app that will play WAV files. Yes, this is a very poor solution. It is kind of on par with the lame Steve Job's "solution" of "don't hold it that way" for the iPhone 4 antenna issues, but if you really want to be able to listen to your voicemail WAV files, then it appears to be the best, if not only, solution.

FWIW, the app that I got for this purpose was Remote Wave. It is available through the Android Market. It is not a free app. It plays back my Vonage messages just fine. It is not as "elogant" as the built-in player was...it basically just plays the message with no "timeline" view of the message and no "rewind" or "fast forward" function. But, it does the job.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones