• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stolen Instinct blessing in disguise!

So a couple of days ago, my Samsung Instinct was stolen from my car. I know I shouldn't have left it in there, and I don't normally, but it was left to charge. I have learned my lesson.

I called Sprint to see what I could do, and my replacement plan required a $100 deductible to replace the Instinct...which is what I paid for it originally! However, I was eligible for an upgrade the next day(coincidence?), so I started looking at the phones available. I saw that Sprint had Android phones now..hey, why not go ahead and get an Android equipped phone since I have to get a new one anyway!

I really liked my Instinct, but the lack of support made it unappealing after time.

The next day after debating on the Samsung Moment or the HTC Hero, I went to my Sprint store and got my new HTC Hero!

Now, I am absolutely blown away at the power and potential of this phone! I just want to sit and play with it for hours! It truly feels like my own little mini PC in my pocket that I can customize and install apps that I want.

I am SO looking forward to learning all the little features and potential this thing has!

My only complaints, which are specific to the HTC Hero:
-For the price of the phone, I didn't get a case or anything, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for 2 gel cases from the Sprint store. So I need to find something quick. (Any secret cheap accessory sites?)

-The touch keyboard. I did calibrate the keyboard and it works soo much better for me. I'm a woman, but I have big manly hands (ugh), and I'm constantly hitting the Enter key when I mean to hit the Number key. Though, I did just find that you can press/hold the letter keys to type the numbers above, so that's handy.

That's it so far, but both are easy to fix. And like the title says...the guy(yes it was a guy, we called my phone and the arse answered!)..did me a favor by stealing my phone!

So a couple of days ago, my Samsung Instinct was stolen from my car. I know I shouldn't have left it in there, and I don't normally, but it was left to charge. I have learned my lesson.

I called Sprint to see what I could do, and my replacement plan required a $100 deductible to replace the Instinct...which is what I paid for it originally! However, I was eligible for an upgrade the next day(coincidence?), so I started looking at the phones available. I saw that Sprint had Android phones now..hey, why not go ahead and get an Android equipped phone since I have to get a new one anyway!

I really liked my Instinct, but the lack of support made it unappealing after time.

The next day after debating on the Samsung Moment or the HTC Hero, I went to my Sprint store and got my new HTC Hero!

Now, I am absolutely blown away at the power and potential of this phone! I just want to sit and play with it for hours! It truly feels like my own little mini PC in my pocket that I can customize and install apps that I want.

I am SO looking forward to learning all the little features and potential this thing has!

My only complaints, which are specific to the HTC Hero:
-For the price of the phone, I didn't get a case or anything, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for 2 gel cases from the Sprint store. So I need to find something quick. (Any secret cheap accessory sites?)

-The touch keyboard. I did calibrate the keyboard and it works soo much better for me. I'm a woman, but I have big manly hands (ugh), and I'm constantly hitting the Enter key when I mean to hit the Number key. Though, I did just find that you can press/hold the letter keys to type the numbers above, so that's handy.

That's it so far, but both are easy to fix. And like the title says...the guy(yes it was a guy, we called my phone and the arse answered!)..did me a favor by stealing my phone!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones