• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Storing Constant Data

Hello!

My application needs to store about 5000 records of data that will never change. An example would be a dictionary of 5000 words.

Initially, I started creating a string-array.xml resource file for these records, but realized that I wanted to associate integer data with each string-array as well.

Therefore, I started looking into the SQLite database for storing these records. This seems like a great option, but I discovered that the database will be created the first time the application runs. This means that the first time a users downloads my application, they will have to wait a *very* long time for the database to build ... which is a horrible user experience.

Are there any other options for defining and storing application data that will never change?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones