Strange behaviour after update?

Last Updated:

1. nijbuck

nijbuck Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all.

Having some strange behaviour that seems to have started about a day after software update. Not sure if it's linked but hope someone can help!

All of a sudden yesterday, my 'notification' sound seems to go off randomly with no apparant reason why. I have not received any texts, I've disabled Facebook and email notifications (I think) but every hour or so, I hear Quigley's "Gigedy gigedy gigedy gigedy lets's have sex" go off with nothing to show for it!
    It's as if some app or setting is makng it go off but I just can't figure out what.

I had juice defender (free) installed but as that wouldn't always wake up my mobile network, I disabled it around the same time as the troubles started.

Also, my mobile signal has started displaying 'R' (restricted) quite a lot.

I've switched the phone off a few times, but whenever I swith it back on, within 2 minutes my notification sound belows again!

Any clues?

Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. slinemfc

slinemfc Active Member

I thought the "R" appeared when you were roaming. Mine did on my last trip to Spain and went on my return.

I did have a little chuckle at your description of your phone randomly Quagmire-ing!

3. nijbuck

Ahh - roaming! That sounds more like it. Seems ok on that front now, just got to shut Quagmire up a bit! Thanks!

4. nijbuck

Quigley?? Where did I get that from! Of course I mean Quagmire!!!