• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange POP behaviour, and long distance question

teleute

Aug 11, 2010
I just got an HTC Desire through Telus (running Eclair), and while I'm absolutely loving it, I have a couple of questions.

1. I have an email address set up as a POP account. (I used this same email address on my previous phone without issues.) I read my mail on the phone during the day, then in the evening I access it from my computer, downloading the messages into Thunderbird and removing them from the server. On the phone, the next time it checks that email account, I would expect it to remove the messages from my phone, as they've been deleted from the server. It doesn't, though, and I then have to delete everything a second time. I've never had to do this in any other way of accessing this email account. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get back to the behaviour I'm expecting?

2. Telus seems to be one of the very few carriers who won't allow a long distance call to go through without a "1" in front of it. My previous phones have had an option to automatically put a "1" in fron the numbers when dialing, but I'm not seeing anything like that. Is there any way to do this (other than just manually putting a "1" at the front of every number in the contacts)?

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones