• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange things + Boot Loop

Beast09

Lurker
Mar 29, 2013
I have an LG Mytough 4G. (not a Q.)

I'll start by saying that I usually take very good care of my phone. I am careful about visiting websites and downloading apps. Also, it has never been rooted.

Two days ago I dropped my phone (for the first time) onto a tile floor from about three feet high. This usually wouldn't concern me too much - I've seen people do worse with their phones and the phones keep working. But I can't think of another cause for my problems...

Yesterday, my on-screen android keyboard started having problems. Particularly in the messaging app. I'd type, and no text would show up. The problem would occur erratically. I worked around it when it happened by using dragon dictation to get text into the text box, which I could then edit using the keyboard and send.

At the same time, I would receive 2-3 duplicates of every text message a person would send me.

This morning, my phone alarm went off. I pulled it off the charger and hit snooze. My alarm went off again five minutes later. I hit snooze again.

A few minutes later, I noticed my alarm wasn't going off, so I actually woke up, looked at my phone and noticed that it was off. I tried turning it on. It would finish its boot cycle, and shut down.

I popped the battery out, put it back in, and turn it back on. Now it won't even finish its boot cycle. It starts booting, then it starts booting again and shuts down immediately.

... do you think it's fixable?

Even if the messaging app doesn't work well, it's better than having a brick.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones