• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stream Flash Content from Thunderbolt to TV

ColeHarris

Mar 7, 2011
Hi guys, I've decided to take the plunge from the iPhone 4 to the Thunderbolt but I have a rather important question. Is their any way with or without rooting that I could stream flash videos in the browser on the Thunderbolt to my TV PS3 or Xbox? Like say if I pulled up a video on Megavideo or something could I then us my TV as a monitor or something to watch the video? Thanks!

you can do it if you have a google tv device... although you could also just look it up in the google tv browser, lol. i use it from time to time when i already have a youtube video pulled up on my droid/g-tab and want to share with everyone.

But with a google tv device, you wouldn't need the phone at all... so yes, it can be done with 300-400 dollars worth of "magic" enablers instead of a small HDMI cable...How ironic.

Upvote 0
But with a google tv device, you wouldn't need the phone at all... so yes, it can be done with 300-400 dollars worth of "magic" enablers instead of a small HDMI cable...How ironic.

yeah, i said that... in the first sentence. :rolleyes:

google-tv is totally worth the cost IMO though, slinging from phone/tablet to tv is just one small feature. it is only going to get better once the app store shows up.

Upvote 0
yeah, i said that... in the first sentence. :rolleyes:

google-tv is totally worth the cost IMO though, slinging from phone/tablet to tv is just one small feature. it is only going to get better once the app store shows up.

lol...missed that part...just saw the google TV part...it'll all work itself out between phones to TV's eventually. We had to root the Evo to get whatever we wanted to watch, but it works great. If it is on the screen, it can be put on the TV now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones