• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stress cracks on G1 between the menu and back button, Help identify problem

jeffradick

Lurker
Aug 27, 2009
My 5 week old G1 phone has developed a stress crack between the menu button and the back button and is developing another one, not quite through yet, between the back button and end call button. Tmobile and HTC say it is not a known issue and I'd like to get that changed by you responding to this message. I went to the TMobile store near me and the employee who helped me and the manager there both said that it is definately a defect and not physical damage. The phone still looks brand new, has never been dropped or misused in anyway and still Tmobile and HTC will not stand by the product because they claim since this is not a known issue then there is nothing they can do, they even told me that the warranty is voided because of the crack! Unbelievable as it seems I am stuck with this defective phone until they change it from no known issues. If you have this problem with your G1 please report it and please email me at jefflaura5@yahoo.com and let me know of your issue with this problem. I have been a Tmobile customer for 8 years now and have 5 accounts with them and never had a problem before. This is just unacceptable for such an expensive phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones