• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck at tmobile screen!

I just woke up and my phone was stuck on the tmobile screen, help! I can still go to recovery if that helps any

Hi shinotheweevil,
Can you elaborate a little more?
Did you do anything to your Alcatel One Touch Fierce the night befor, the bootloop happened? Maybe install an app, exposed framework/module or etc...
I don't believe you have a custom recovery for the One Touch Fierce yet right?

To start you could try booting into"Safe Mode" and see if the devie will actually boot from there.

You could also boot into recovery and select /wipe/advanced and then wipe the dalvik cache and then go back to the recovery main menu and select wipe/cache, then reboot the device and see if it will boot normally.

Any further information that that you may have can/will be helpful.

Upvote 0
the only thing I could think of is that I installed gravity box and changed the status box color, but that was a couple of days ago. Also, how is it possible to go to safe mode if it doesn't boot pass the t-mobile screen.

I also do not get boot loop, it just gets stuck on the t-mobile screen.

Thanks for your help!

Your welcome... Yes, it's not in a bootloop that your in. Your stuck on the "Splash Screen or "Carrier Logo"
It's not guaranteed that you'll be able to boot into "Safe Mode" but it is by all means worth a try and can sometimes get the device to boot -
Power on the device and when the phone starts to boot up, hold the power for about 7 -10 seconds, when the white alcatel splash screen with the blue writing on the screen comes up, immediately start spaminng/pressing both of the volume buttons at the same time. If your lucky... the phone will boot into safe mode. If that works, I would uninstall xposed framework, any modules and/or anything else (apps) that maybe causing the problems.

Unfortunately, Alcatel doesn't offer a stock firmware that can be updated on a PC. Their software updates are OTA (over the air) and from what I understand is that many users have had issues with the OTA's.
Have tou recently updated your device?
Also there really isn't an "Unbrick Method" for this phone yet. Especially since there is not stock firmware available. There are device backups available, but trying to adb-sideload a device backup through stock recovery will fail because the update.zip is not signed.
Development on this device has been slow as well.
If tou had a custom recovery installed you might then be able to install a backup.

So your phone is rooted the right?
Do you have a custom recovery installed?

Have you by tried the suggestions I mentioned in the post above?
Boot into recovery and select /wipe/advanced and then wipe the dalvik cache and then go back to the recovery main menu and select wipe/cache, then rebooting the device.
You may even want to try and see if you can boot into "Safe Mode" after rebooting from recovery.

There's the option of booting into recovery and try performing a "Factory Data Reset" and see if that will l do the trick. Although that will wipe the device.

I've also seen where a lot of users have RMA'd there device or exchanged it at T-Mobile, claiming that after the software update that the phone froze and they replaced the device... If it's still uder warranty.

Well I hope this helps and let me know if anything transpires. I'll try and do some more research for you too!

Reactions: Clashingtides
Upvote 0
Your welcome... Yes, it's not in a bootloop that your in. Your stuck on the "Splash Screen or "Carrier Logo"
It's not guaranteed that you'll be able to boot into "Safe Mode" but it is by all means worth a try and can sometimes get the device to boot -
Power on the device and when the phone starts to boot up, hold the power for about 7 -10 seconds, when the white alcatel splash screen with the blue writing on the screen comes up, immediately start spaminng/pressing both of the volume buttons at the same time. If your lucky... the phone will boot into safe mode. If that works, I would uninstall xposed framework, any modules and/or anything else (apps) that maybe causing the problems.

Unfortunately, Alcatel doesn't offer a stock firmware that can be updated on a PC. Their software updates are OTA (over the air) and from what I understand is that many users have had issues with the OTA's.
Have tou recently updated your device?
Also there really isn't an "Unbrick Method" for this phone yet. Especially since there is not stock firmware available. There are device backups available, but trying to adb-sideload a device backup through stock recovery will fail because the update.zip is not signed.
Development on this device has been slow as well.
If tou had a custom recovery installed you might then be able to install a backup.

So your phone is rooted the right?
Do you have a custom recovery installed?

Have you by tried the suggestions I mentioned in the post above?
Boot into recovery and select /wipe/advanced and then wipe the dalvik cache and then go back to the recovery main menu and select wipe/cache, then rebooting the device.
You may even want to try and see if you can boot into "Safe Mode" after rebooting from recovery.

There's the option of booting into recovery and try performing a "Factory Data Reset" and see if that will l do the trick. Although that will wipe the device.

I've also seen where a lot of users have RMA'd there device or exchanged it at T-Mobile, claiming that after the software update that the phone froze and they replaced the device... If it's still uder warranty.

Well I hope this helps and let me know if anything transpires. I'll try and do some more research for you too!

THANK YOU, I thought I broke my phone and I spent four hours trying to fix it. I was trying to swap my phone/use an sd card as ram, and then it just wouldn't turn on. If only I had just spammed the volume buttons in the first place. UR MY SAVIOR. even tho my phone is really crappy IE Samsung Galaxy light

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones