• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stuck at verizon logo when unbricking

maplewood

Jul 26, 2010
I thought I was getting pretty good at unbricking but:

I was running Hyperdrive 18.1 and went to upgrade to RLS19.
The flash didn't take care of the Wifi so I attempted to restore the 18.1 for the time being.

That restore failed (twice).
So I figured, what the hell. Unbrick and start over.

I unbricked with Odin 3.09 using I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 file

But the phone is stuck at the Verizon logo. (After three attempts).

Next steps?

I thought I was getting pretty good at unbricking but:

I was running Hyperdrive 18.1 and went to upgrade to RLS19.
The flash didn't take care of the Wifi so I attempted to restore the 18.1 for the time being.

That restore failed (twice).
So I figured, what the hell. Unbrick and start over.

I unbricked with Odin 3.09 using I545VRUEMK2_I545VZWEMK2_I545VRUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5 file

But the phone is stuck at the Verizon logo. (After three attempts).

Next steps?

In Samsung devices such a situation can usually be remedied by doing a factory reset in recovery. The device will be in it's "fresh out of the box" state (provided you flashed a stock ROM of course), but that usually works for us with Sammy phones.

Upvote 0
In Samsung devices such a situation can usually be remedied by doing a factory reset in recovery. The device will be in it's "fresh out of the box" state (provided you flashed a stock ROM of course), but that usually works for us with Sammy phones.

Thanks. I hadn't thought to try that.
On a wing and a prayer I assumed MK2 and was lucky to be right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones