• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on "Downloading, Do not Turn off Target" but not in Odin Mode

DollarAkshay

Lurker
Jul 25, 2016
So I decided that I would install cyanogen mod today here are the following things I did
  • Root my Phone using KingRoot.apk
  • Tried Installing TWRP, dint install recovery rom properly
  • Installed ROM Manager and then tried TWRP and CWM, still dint work
  • Realised I had to unlock bootloader to install TWRP and CWM
  • Used EZ-Unlock12 to unlock the bootloader

Now here is what happened. After I unlocked the bootloader, I went into ROM Manager and Clicked on "Reboot into Recovery Mode". This is when the problem started. As soon as my Phone booted up, it just said

"DOWNLOADING DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET"

And it did not have anything on the top left hand side. I actually left it on this screen for 2 hours nothing changed.

I can go into ODIN mode and Recovery mode using the volume buttons. I tried going into Recovery Mode and selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset and rebooted my phone. It just went back to the same old downloading screen.

Here is how my Recovery Mode Looks Like : http://imgur.com/BSVgHKU

I have make a backup of all important stuff so I dont mind wiping any data. All I want is some help on installing a cyanogenmod on my phone now. Any help will be very grateful. I shall be online and try to reply quickly

Phone Specs :
Samsung S3 GT-I9300

First thing I would do is to flash back to stock and start over.
Do you have a Windows PC available?

Jfalls63 thank you for replying. But after some intense googling I found this application called Odin for PC. I then used that to install CWM recovery which was a .tar file.

That actually solved my problem and that annoying Downloading Screen went away :) So I went ahead and Installed CM 13 which is now working flawlessly on my phone.

Thank You Guys

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones