• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on FRESH VZ3? OTA Updates wont show up?!?

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
I went with LG flash tool and flashed back to vz3, then after then factory reset it after that.... That brought my fonts back, but OTA updates wont show any available?? Did i do something wrong? Is there a way to enable OTA or force find them with an app? Just figured id ask before i whiped out everything again and flashed another VZ3 to try again.....

I went with LG flash tool and flashed back to vz3, then after then factory reset it after that.... That brought my fonts back, but OTA updates wont show any available?? Did i do something wrong? Is there a way to enable OTA or force find them with an app? Just figured id ask before i whiped out everything again and flashed another VZ3 to try again.....
They didn't download for me either, I had the updates saved on my sd card so I applied them like that.
My steps were:
Flash tool to zv3
Use Towel root to root
Use flashify to flash twrp
Boot into twrp and install 3 updates
Flash superuser.zip

Only problem i had was not having the boostzone app install. Then again that's not really a problem....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones