• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck on the rogers screen and recovery mode won't work!!

KimCheeZZ

Lurker
Oct 21, 2009
hello! im new to android and tonight i tried to root my HTC magic. i went on the htc developers site and downloaded the radio and recovery image for 1.6 donut. then, i tried installing the radio using the way HTC suggest on their site, however, it doesnt work, it says that the files are not signed. so i tried to root it using theunlockr.com method (using flashrecovery.apk). i restarted, and installed the radio image. then i figure that i should restart. ever since then, the phone has been stuck on the Rogers screen and it wont even go to recovery mode!!!!!!!!

i cant really provide the info about my phone because i cant load it.
only things i know are:

1.5 cupcake
Build: 2.16.xxxxxx
my carrier is rogers
i live in canada

Any help is appreciated.
Also, if i bring it to Rogers, will they refuse the service since i tried to root my phone?? or will they just reflash my phone for me??

Thanks in Advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones