• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck power button? boot screen loop...

Android113

Lurker
May 1, 2011
Hi,

I am running a custom ROM (Darky's 9.5) on a rooted Galaxy S with Voodoo Fix. All has been fine for the past week since I changed to this ROM.

However, today, suddenly the phone switched off and then immediately turns on by itself and as soon as the Galaxy S screen appears it restarts again and the loop continues.

I removed the battery, but as SOON as I put the battery back in, it turns on by itself and resumes the on off sequence.

So its IMPOSSSIBLE to get into recovery mode, it doesnt work even though I have it enabled. I can get into Download mode but it lasts 5 seconds as the phone switches off and back on.

I can connect via USB to computer in download mode, but like I said it lasts 5seconds.

Is my power button jammed or is there something sinister going on? lol

Warranty is not an option...

Thanks for any advice!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones