• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Success!!! Bloatware Removed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks work 100% . I was wondering in order to remove bloatware you have to be rooted your method worked great i thought i might have been fully rooted so i can run my wireless tether on my phone but it doesn't work because i dont have root access & when i go tomobile terminal and type su i get permission denied . I tried everthing out there to root my phone superoneclick 1.6.5 ,samsung galaxy one click root ,z4 root which worked on my optimus but not the indulge. So far i am super happy to get rid of the metropcs bloatware now just waiting for the full root to get superuser on my phone . Its a matter of time till its done . Again thankyou for the soup&root bloatware remover .

Upvote 0
Do I need to have USB Debugging on or off? I just ran through it but everything still seems to be installed and I don't recall seeing any errors in the CMD prompt.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, ran through it again and it seems to have worked. Thanks alot for this Mike. I hope it helps with the shoddy battery life on this device. Were now 1 step closer to root!
[/EDIT]

Upvote 0
It's not quite dumbed down enough for me......
So before I download the the zip file, I connect the phone to my computer via the usb?
Any steps in between?
When I download the file, I'm going to find the two different files named "Soup and Root 1.8rA.exe" or is that the same file?
Is your program just going to run automatically?

I'm sorry. I can follow directions. Just be very specific please. If you give very specific step by step by step instructions, I'll read it about 100 times, then finally get up the sack to do it. But not if I'm not clear on each step.
Thank you very much for your efforts!! The thought of removing MyExtras has me beside myself!

Reactions: Metaphor55
Upvote 0
So you do this. First go into your phone settings, go to applications, go to development, and check the box debuging. "THEN" plug it into your pc. You can download the file at anytime in that part. After you download it, obviously extract it to where ever you want. Then run soup and root (yeah same file). Don't touch the thing at all. Let it run probably take 10 min, only until you see EXACTLY "safe to disconnect your phone" then do it. It might sit on a certain line of txt for like 5 min, but still don't touch it.

After that just close the program. DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART YOUR PHONE AT THIS POINT. Simply go to the next program "bloatware removal", click it and let it do its thing. Again don't touch it till you see lol spamed across the screen that its safe to remove. Then take out your battery, and restart you phone. If you don't retart/take battery out, your phone might bug out a bit. Then after you restart you should notice all the shitty apps gone :D.

Reactions: slee816
Upvote 0
Mike, thanks so much! By the way, till we perma-root this sucker, we could probably temp-root it and tether or whatever until the next reboot, when we temp-root it again, right? :)

Also, if we remove SamsungForte_MetroPCSEasyWiFi_4.0.111.apk, what app are we using to manage/scan/connect to wi-fi networks?

No the current root only gives the adb program on your pc root access to change stuff, it wont give any apps root access.

Wifi will still be managed the same way, only now you don't have an extra app running that monitors all wifi hotspots and sends info about them all back to the company. (they are using you as a probe that goes around town reporting what you find. Probably making money from all the info collected by you)

Upvote 0
sweet im buying this phone today i definatly want to be able to turn it into a wifi hotspot (my main goal) but this is a great start.

it removes the app for the ironman movie but is it still there? i was going to ask the same question about wifi but it was already answered.
nope its gone but i downloaded the movie in ipod format and it looks the same...actually takes up less space than the movie did

Upvote 0
OK, here is what I ran into: I've modified that script to exclude the metropcs wifi before I knew for sure if wifi would still be manageable - Thanks for answering that, Mike! This makes good sense. I am also looking forward to being able to NAND-unlock it and root it to use it for a wifi hotspot and stick it to metro. Something strange happened, though: I tried to repeat the procedure to remove metro wifi manager, after I rebooted the phone and tired connecting it to me computer the same way that worked the first time, my computer now shows no presence of the phone, even though the phone is hooked up and is recognizing that it's connected to a computer (everything else is the same - usb debugging on, etc.). No presence of the phone at all (like before the 1st successful(?) run, I had it show up in device manager as a Samsung Android phone etc.) and now, nothing. Any ideas on what it could be and where to look for a fix? Thanks you guys!

update: just managed to get the phone connected and removed the rest of bloatware, so ignore the above info re phone not being detected for now, unless there's more of it. The VBScript does some weird stuff on my XP x86 box,- like opening 34 cmd windows, prompting to open those those dll, etc. files... I could care less about that, just wondering, Mike, which OS are you on? Win7 ? x86? x64?

Thanks to all of you guys for trying and contributing! Every day, we're one step closer to victory!

Upvote 0
OK, here is what I ran into: I've modified that script to exclude the metropcs wifi before I knew for sure if wifi would still be manageable - Thanks for answering that, Mike! This makes good sense. I am also looking forward to being able to NAND-unlock it and root it to use it for a wifi hotspot and stick it to metro. Something strange happened, though: I tried to repeat the procedure to remove metro wifi manager, after I rebooted the phone and tired connecting it to me computer the same way that worked the first time, my computer now shows no presence of the phone, even though the phone is hooked up and is recognizing that it's connected to a computer (everything else is the same - usb debugging on, etc.). No presence of the phone at all (like before the 1st successful(?) run, I had it show up in device manager as a Samsung Android phone etc.) and now, nothing. Any ideas on what it could be and where to look for a fix? Thanks you guys!

happened to me before too, phone could still be managed by the script.
if not just reboot the phone and your PC.

Upvote 0
when i run the soup it says error device not found then something bout not a command, then opens adobe.. and the cmd box closes... im on win7 x86 and installed the drivers from the other forum

rebooted pc and phone still does same thing

also tried 32 bit windows xp still device not found.. :( so much for me getting rid of the metro pos :(

before you can do this, you have to first download and install drivers for Samsung Galaxy S, (they were posted here). download, unpack, connect the phone to your computer via USB with debugging mode enabled on the phone and see if (plug-n-play on )your computer reacts to the new device being connected. If it does, give it the drivers you downloaded. Only then follow the above directions to tem-root and bloatware-rid your phone.

Upvote 0
yeh i downloaded the drivers.. and debugging is enabled ont he phone.... when i connect the phone it vibrates... then starts charging what am i doin wrong?

i have the usb icon on the phone and what looks like to b a ladybug on the phone top left.. i dragged the menu down and shows usb debuggin on and usb connected select to copy files to pc...

still says no device attached when i try the soup thing

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones