• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Such a Slow Phone!!

nataliabea9

Lurker
May 31, 2012
I bought my mom an Exhibit 2 4G. It looked like such a nice cellphone but honestly, it's too damn slow!! You have to wait a few second to unlock, apps are sooooo slow, everything is slow!! Even typing and calling!! The phone was fast at the beginning but I don't know what happened! Could someone please tell me what to do or how to make it faster? I know there must be a way!! It only has 2 installed apps (Facebook and Hotmail). Everything else is normal!!

Its funny even on android forums i run into the same problem that i do at my job (warranty for at&t)....people just dont know how to use their phone

1.How often do you restart your phone
2.How much USB storage are you using
3.Do you have an external_sd card??????<------makes the difference
4.Do you take advantage of the task killer in program monitor?...ANOTHER BIG ONE
5.Is your GPS/WI-FI on even when your not using it?<--more related to battery
6.If your using apps that provide you with a task killer or battery save STOP USING IT....yeah sure they clear out memory and save battery....but they use relatively the same amount of memory/battery usage to do what they say they will do....waste of time

I have had this Exhibit II 4G for about 5 months, i Play N.O.V.A 3, Mass Effect 3, N644DROID, NDS4DROID, SuperGNES, and i have a good amount of third party apps downloaded for my personal use and i have no problems...sure a little lag here and there but its technology....its inevitable....when i get these lags i kill tasks...if that dosnt work...restart the phone....problem solved for at least another 2 weeks

Hope i helped im not trying to be a jerk or anything i just deal with people all day at my job who dont even consider certain things when their phone is acting up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones