• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Suddenly no signal/network? Crashing!!

droidingNow

Lurker
Jul 13, 2012
My infuse is an at&t phone. it has been rooted & unlocked but i'm not sure with what. This is how I got the phone used. It has superuser and clockwork installed. Ive been using it with a tmobile unlimited sim card. Been using it for 3 months without any problems.
24 hours ago it got stuck on a loop at the samsung logo. Removing the sim and battery, hard start, nothing resolved it. I read on here that the power button can sometimes be the problem. I took the battery out, moved the power button around and everything seemed normal. Everything on the phone worked fine, until today.

For an hour my phone showed a blue crossed out circle for "no signal at all". Nothing I tried worked to fix it. Sometimes I would turn it on and it would show signal for a few minutes but would drop signal again. I went straight to the tmobile store and they didn't hesitate to replace my sim card. It had signal again and everything seemed ok for about 45 minutes. Then I was talking to someone and it dropped the call. The signal hasn't worked since but I'm thinking the problem is with my phone since it keeps freezing or ceasing. . The phone will freeze on the call screen if I tried to hangup and the task manager wouldn't close it. It would crash and reboot a couple minutes later. Im using it now with my homes wifi to post this thread. It still has the blue circle in the corner for no network. Just shows the signal for the wifi.

Any info, insight, or direction on my problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I just realized the sim card is not being read. I turned off the phone, pulled out the sim. And it shows the same "no network signal" blue circle next to the battery level indicator. Sim in or out is the same. Not sure if this bit of info helps diagnose at all. When I turn on the phone without the sim card installed, the phone DOES NOT say "no sim" on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones