• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Suggestion For a custom rom

Hello Guys. I got an rooted desire unbranded (asian) with stock rom 2.2. i love my device but i am disappointed with the storage... i tried force install to sd but i need more storage. so i got 3 questions

1)What rom do you suggest with app2sd+ ,sense and htc widgets (no need of plurk)

2)Do i have to flash radio?

3)what are the chances to brick and is it repairable?

(Also if you post a guide or a video guide how to do them I will be gratefull)

Thank you in advance!!

1) rom is entirely a personal preference, being rooted and having a recovery gives choice.
Try one and when you get bored try another.

2) generally no if you are already on froyo (2.2) however some aosp/cyanogen roms require you to be on the one they specify or the latest

3) brick is a loosly thrown around term, around here there are very few real bricks (cannot turn on the device at all).
temporary bricks can occur but they are not true bricks just boot problems and in most cases can be reversed.
only real risks are s-off and flashing radios and even those are relatively safe

4) there isnt one, however i would recommend a decent class6 card. pay the correct money for it and dont buy cheap off ebay as recently learned by dorsetsav

Reactions: ntebis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones