• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Suggestions about car set up?

Shamrock13

Android Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2010
Well, I want to connect me Incredible to me stereo, and well, I only have a normal radio without an AUX input or anything of the sort. The only way I could actually do it is via FM transmitter..... so my question is, what is the best set up for this? I want to charge the phone as well as transmit music from it.

I have an iPod Touch and have had the same FM transmitter that supplied power to it as well as transmitted amazingly for the past 2 years. I basically want this phone to replace my iPod Touch.

Any suggestions are great!

I have the same setup on my car, no AUX input. I bought a monster cable from Amazon that seems to work well. It will not charge the phone but that's what my car charger is for, if you do some searching I'm sure you can find one that charges and plays over FM. The only issue I have with all FM transmitters is that your mileage may vary, I don't have much of an issue but certain ones won't work in certain locations. Check out reviews and pick one that has a decent amount of positives keeping mind there's not guarantee it will work perfectly (static free). This is the one I have Amazon.com: Monster RadioPlay 300 Universal Full Spectrum FM Transmitter (MBL-FM XMTR300): Electronics

Edit. Search the forums there was one I remember when I was looking for a transmitter that charge, I think it was from Belkin or Griffin. I didn't get it because it was $50+ and I knew I had a car charger.

Upvote 0
There is one FM Transmitter that can be hacked to turn up the transmission power to above the FCC part 15 regulations so it comes through crystal clear, but it's always back ordered. I have a iriver AFT 100 FM transmitter and it works pretty well even in urban areas. It was about $17 shipped on Amazon.com, it doesn't charge the phone though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones